Default Florida 4-5 day loop?

I am looking for a 4-5 day loop to backpack in Northern Florida in April. I could go point-to-point and shuttle, but have never done a loop and, since it is a short tip, I thought I would ask the site if anyone knows of such a trip.
    Thanks!
    PapaG

They Torreya park loops are great, all together about 12 or 13 miles, may not be long enough for you though

Images

The citrus loop in the Withlacoochee state forest is beautiful hiking--it's the longest loop on a single piece of property in the state at 43 miles. Usually pretty dry though so you would have to cache water if you're going to do the whole thing (which is not that hard--there are roads all over the forest and people are always caching out there). That's central florida though--not as familiar with north florida.

Images

Default Florida 4-5 day loop?

I would hike from white springs along the Suwannee river to Suwannee river state park park about 47 miles and beautiful a few sections have challenging terrain and the canoe outpost provides shuttle services I have used many times, along the route is one if the river camps also, one of my favorite sections of the FT
    If you can’t fix it with duct tape or a beer; it ain’t worth fixing

Thanks, all! I decided to go up and do a stretch of the AT this time, but will consider a FL hike in the Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladytrekker View Post
    I would hike from white springs along the Suwannee river to Suwannee river state park park about 47 miles and beautiful a few sections have challenging terrain and the canoe outpost provides shuttle services I have used many times, along the route is one if the river camps also, one of my favorite sections of the FT
    Do you have an address or a GPS I can put in Google Earth to check this out?

I am interested in doing it both as a hike and then on another time as a kayak trip. Thanks!

++ New Posts ++