Hey all,

I'll be hitting the trail May 14th. Anybody else planning on stepping out the door on or around that date?

Pretty excited to start this year, as I am sure all of the '14ers are (to those of you already on trail, good luck)!

Anyways, I've been whittling away at my gear list and itinerary for a few months now. I'm planning to average 25 mpd and hope to finish in less than 90 days. I'd like to avoid sleeping in hostels and making resupply trips to town so 90% of my resupplies are mail drops at establishments (nearly) directly on the trail. The other 10% of my resupplies are mail drops as close to the trail as I can get 'em!

I'm going to post my gear list as it currently stands, which is nearly fully finalized. The linked google doc will update as I fill in a few blanks that are left. Here's my gear list.

It currently stands at just under 7 lbs BPW and sub 11 FSO. I expect both of these numbers to increase ever so slightly before all is said and done. Hopefully somewhere between 7.5-8 lbs BPW at most.

Items with asterisks are estimated and will be weighed and input with exact figures soon.

Items in red are currently up for debate as to whether or not they will end up in my pack the day I walk.

If people want to suggest lighter alternatives to my gear, feel free. Be aware, however, that my gear choices do have some factor of price worked in. For instance I know I could save 4.6 oz on my hammock by switching to a Darien UL 10ft, but it would be $48/oz of weight savings which I don't think I want to pay for at this moment. There are many other pieces of gear that I have considered alternatives for and, for the most part, find that I can't justify the price per ounce of weight savings in my current financial state.

That being said, I'm always up for some new suggestions!

Maybe you all can catch an error I've made, or perhaps my gear list can provide some insight to another hiker. Ideally both!

I'm going to post up a link to my resupply points in case other hikers are seeking mail drop locations near (less than 1.5 mile round trip) or on the AT for the '14 season.