WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Good Birding Movie on Netflix

It was called "Birders: The Central Park Effect".

I think non-birders might appreciate it.

Northbounders hike thru the Spring Warbler migration, but if one is not in tune to what is out there, you could miss a great deal.

This is a good movie.
    Last edited by rickb; 03-30-2014 at 20:00.

then there is always "The Big Year" that was a good funny one that kinda rings true

Images

Another interesting bird movie is "Ghost Bird". It's about the Ivory-billed Woodpecker.

CDT - 2013, PCT - 2009, AT - 1300 miles done burger's Avatar

If you're into birds, the Central Park Birders movie is really enjoyable. There' s a lot of very nice closeup footage of birds. If you're not into birds, I suspect it would be a snoozefest--there's not much more to it than pictures of birds and interviews with people who watch birds in the park.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    If you're into birds, the Central Park Birders movie is really enjoyable. There' s a lot of very nice closeup footage of birds. If you're not into birds, I suspect it would be a snoozefest--there's not much more to it than pictures of birds and interviews with people who watch birds in the park.
    I thank there is truth to what you say.

Except....

If you are planning to walk in the woods right thru the spring migration without being previously exposed to the variety and beauty about what's out there, this movie could pay dividends.

Not so much for the specifics, but rather for suggesting just how much joy can be found in seeing what there is to see.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbunny View Post
    then there is always "The Big Year" that was a good funny one that kinda rings true
    "The Big Year" inspired my brother and I to take up birding. We are in the middle of our second "Family Big Year" competition. We compete to see which family (meaning ourselves and our wifes and two kids each) can see the most species of birds in a year. He won last year by about 10 birds. I think I will get him this year.
    Time is but the stream I go afishin' in.
    Thoreau

++ New Posts ++