Default Wekiwa Springs State Park - stealth camping

Hello all,

I'm taking a wilderness related class all weekend in the Wekiwa Springs State Park. At the last minute I decided I would try and camp there Saturday night instead of driving back and forth home at the end of the day.

I called and they say they are all booked up for primitive camping this weekend already.

Anybody know if I could get away with finding a place to camp off the trail? Would they tow my car when the park closes?

I've never been to this park before so I'm unfamiliar with the layout.

Thank you!

Vehicles must have a camper registration slip displayed in the windshield to be in park overnight. Lack of on could cause a park ranger or game warden to go looking for you.

Have you tried to reserve one of the canoe in sites on Rock Springs Run?
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

There is also primitive camping at Seminole State Forest, north of Wekiva and where the Florida Trail actually passes.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divi...e-State-Forest
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jessearl View Post
    Anybody know if I could get away with finding a place to camp off the trail? Would they tow my car when the park closes?
    The WhiteBlaze.net TOS do not allow for discussions on how to commit illegal acts. So if you're not allowed to "camp off the trail" in this area, then you're not allowed by the TOS to ask for advice illegal camping.

+1 for primitive on the State Forest. The State Forests are usually more flexible, and less expensive than state parks. (just my experience YMMV)

You might also look to see if there's a county park or municipal park nearby. We've had luck with those a couple of times when state park campgrounds were full.

Your best bet nearby would be Rock Springs Run State Reserve, (407) 884-2008
    Maintainer of the Unofficial Trail GPS Map Page(Updated 3-8-16) Now updated with the Florida Trail, Lone Star Hiking Trail, Arizona Trail, and Appalachian Trail.

++ New Posts ++