WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dundee

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Dundee

So who is this Dundee dude I keep hearing about?

I don't know... do tell.

I think he s did a movie back in the 80s. lol

Images

Bonny??
    Come fill up my cup, come fill up my can,Come saddle your horses, and call up your men;Come open the West Port and let me gang free,
    And it's room for the bonnets of Bonny Dundee!
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

I'm assuming it's the sketchy Marine that everyone is avoiding. He's blown out his knee and messed up his back and he literally runs down hills and jumps off rocks. He goes into town and gets morphine shots to calm the pain and now he claims he is going to be doing 30+ miles everyday. I'm averaging about 15 a day and I'm sure I will see him again. He claims someone stole a bunch of stuff from his pack at the NOC(which never happened) and he walked up to me and said "If I find him, I have this (looking at his K-bar)". He's just an odd dude.

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgAT View Post
    I'm assuming it's the sketchy Marine that everyone is avoiding. He's blown out his knee and messed up his back and he literally runs down hills and jumps off rocks. He goes into town and gets morphine shots to calm the pain and now he claims he is going to be doing 30+ miles everyday. I'm averaging about 15 a day and I'm sure I will see him again. He claims someone stole a bunch of stuff from his pack at the NOC(which never happened) and he walked up to me and said "If I find him, I have this (looking at his K-bar)". He's just an odd dude.
    Oh Okay, thanks for this info, CyborgAT. TOW messaged me & wanted me to watch out for him but I didn't know anything about him.

Speaking of odd dude,I met an odd dude at the Bobbletts Gap Shelter yesterday. Went down there to put in a new log book....

Uh...in all seriousness, I would be very careful with a person like that. Really.

Edit: typo.

Was in Damascus this weekend and the police stopped by crazy Larry's looking for him. Apparently he has been on a five finger discount shopping spree at hostels and shelters. He's somewhere north of Damascus. We're heading south and didn't see him between Damascus and highlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Duramax22:1870633
    Was in Damascus this weekend and the police stopped by crazy Larry's looking for him. Apparently he has been on a five finger discount shopping spree at hostels and shelters. He's somewhere north of Damascus. We're heading south and didn't see him between Damascus and highlands.
    That's good to know. I saw him yesterday and he was staying at the shelter past Trents Grocery. He should be in Pearisburg in a couple days.

Could someone give a description of him? How tall is he? What color hair & eyes, etc... About how old is he?

The dude I met at Bobbletts Gap Shelter was wearing camo pants & had a camo shirt hanging in the shelter. He had fairly large knife holster around his waist. I didn't get any "bad vibes" from him but he wasn't a typical day, section or thru hiker, by his appearance or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Duramax22:1870633
    He stayed at Helveys Mill Shelter (589.7)2 nights ago (4/12) and said he was going to Wapiti Shelter (613.7) last night (4/13). Hope this helps. I'm at TruBrits now but saw him North of Helveys Mill Shelter yesterday doing a SOBO slack pack.

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMom58:1870638
    Could someone give a description of him? How tall is he? What color hair & eyes, etc... About how old is he?

The dude I met at Bobbletts Gap Shelter was wearing camo pants & had a camo shirt hanging in the shelter. He had fairly large knife holster around his waist. I didn't get any "bad vibes" from him but he wasn't a typical day, section or thru hiker, by his appearance or otherwise.
    I guess he's maybe 6ft tall, 160 pounds (give or take), usually wears a red shirt, green pack with a abnormally large hip belt, beard(obviously), dark brown hair, and carries a large military issue K Bar knife on him, he smokes and is very skinny.

Images

Saw on a different forum there is another Dundee south of Damascus a few days ago...so let's not mistake one for the other.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

any proof anywhere that he's stolen anything from anyone?

The Dundee I'm referring to was a Marine and he is creeping people out. Most people he's come across have avoided him. I believe he started out as "Frost Dundee" but now just going by Dundee. He's near Pearisburg now so it's not the Dundee South of Damascus.

I guess he's maybe 6ft tall, 160 pounds (give or take), usually wears a red shirt, green pack with a abnormally large hip belt, beard(obviously), dark brown hair, and carries a large military issue K Bar knife on him, he smokes and is very skinny.
    THanks for that CyborgAT! Happy Trails!!

Strange the things we can say about a hiker, we'd never be allowed to say about a WB member.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

I faught at land, I faught at sea,At hame I faught my auntie, O;But I met the devil and DundeeOn the braes o' Killicrankie, O.
    "It goes to show you never can tell." - Charles Edward Anderson Berry

Journal Entries
    Images

I don't know if there is any proof but Damascus PD wants to know his whereabouts....

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanx for the info folks. I think that the ATC has gotten some reports on him already....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++