WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hiking partners in Philly

Hi all,

I'm currently located in Boston but will be moving to Philly in either mid-July or August for work. I'm hoping to meet people who would be interested in hiking anywhere around the city and, since I will likely have my car, maybe taking trips to some more interesting spots.

Some background about me: 22, female, decent hiker, planning to do my first mini "thru-hike" in a few weeks (The North-South Trail in RI), and hoping to someday thru-hike AT when time and funds allow Ideally I'd meet other female hikers and/or people around my age, but I'm not picky. Also interested in finding hiking groups as I've never been involved in any while living in Mass.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Default Hiking partners in Philly

I don't know if you are specifically looking for female hikers, but I can assume you are. First of all, Im male and 27. Like you, i also am looking for hiking partners. I'm from south jersey and very close to the city. Better trails in the area are located in Northern PA ( ie. Alleghenies & Susquehanna and the Poconos or & Northern NJ ie Kittatinny.) South Jersey does have easy trails like Batsto village in the Wharton State Forrest. If anyone is interested, please reply. Trying to find accompaniment for a NOBO 2015 thru hike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Buck87x; 06-10-2014 at 22:11.

Images

I live pretty close to Philly but at twice your age I probably couldn't keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    I live pretty close to Philly but at twice your age I probably couldn't keep up.
    Good company means more to me than pace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I live two blocks from the Wissahickon trail (Roxborough) and will do 5-10 mile loops with my pack. Right now, I'm getting ready to hike the Smoky Mtns, but I'd love a hiking buddy for the Philly/PA area!

Hi I'm female, 27 and live just outside philly. I'm section hiking and am dying for a good hiking partner to shuttle cars with! I like to do around 14-17 miles-ish per day but can do longer or shorter depending on the section. I also run trips for meetup.com. You should look into the 20's somethings outdoor adventure group, i run backpacking trips through them, meetup is a great way to meet new hikers.

The only reason i'm looking for a singular partner is that sometimes i just prefer not to hike in a group and like to set my own mileage. let me know when you move, id love to hike with you.

Hi Cathy,

I live right over in Conshohocken, we should try and get together sometime!

Hi, I need a hiking buddy, too. I am trying to finish the PA AT by mid-October. I have from Hawk Mountain to NJ to go. I just finished backpacking Maryland last weekend and WV the weekend before that. I am a member of several Meetup hiking groups. I wonder if we have hiked together. I also like 14-17 mile days. Did you ever find a hiking partner?

Hi. I'm heading off to GA first week of April and hiking back up to PA... So I'll be busy for awhile... But if you're still looking for partners when I get back...maybe we can keep in touch via this forum. I hike all over up by the Pinnacle and occasionally make it up to Ricketts Glen too. P.S> I'm a 40 year old guy who just moved back to PA from HI. If you might wanna exchange email or something to communicate or keep in touch PM me. Good luck on your move!!!

Were any of the Philly people ever able to connect here? I live in Manayunk and my hiking partners don't get out anywhere near enough for my liking so I'm looking to make some new ones. I'm a 29 year old male and would be fine with either male or female hiking buds, although my girlfriend would probably prefer males only

I generally prefer the scenery further away from Philly (Black Forrest Trail one of my favorites for 2-4 day hikes) but for convenience sake do a lot of 1-2 night hikes on the AT close by.

If anyone is looking to get some backpacking in lets talk. In this thread or via PM are both fine by me.

Thanks!

Great thread. I moved to Philly last summer. I'm in the same boat as everyone else and would like to connect with others who would like to do weekend trips. I am 41, male, and live in Bryn Mawr. I'm open to hiking with people of all shapes, sizes, colors, etc.

I'm way late to this thread, but I only found this site a few weeks ago. I live just north of Philly, and am looking for a hiking partner myself. I usually hike with my brother-in-law, but his schedule doesn't have the flexibility that mine does.
    Last edited by TheHikingDead; 03-30-2015 at 09:48.

++ New Posts ++