WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Haven's Budget Inns in Franklin & Hiawassee

Thanks for all of you I met during this northbound 2014 season. We will be ending our scheduled shuttles to the trail heads at 9am & 11am on April 30th. We will still assist you and pick up people who will be our motel guest if you call us at 828-524-4403 in Franklin, NC and 706-896-4121 in Hiawassee, Ga. Thanks for all who patronized our towns. I would love it if you were our guest to make a post here. Have fun, God bless, and I hope to see all of you again..thanks Ron Haven Family & Staff

Hi Ron, thanks for your tireless service to the hiking community. I didn't make this years hike but will see you next Spring.

Images

Stayed with you in 2000 and 2002 and 2012. In just plan worked out great. Actually I'm not sure if you were there in 00 and 02 but the building sure was. And thanks for the ride in.
    Everything is in Walking Distance

Me and my wife were there last week. Had a great stay. Entire staff was friendly. Very conveniant to everything in town. Supply shop at the hostel. The staff was very accomodating to my needs. Thanks to all at Budget Inn in Hiawassee.

Just chatted with you in Hiawassee this evening, staying at your place as I type. Thanks for your continued support of the hiker community.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Images

Thanks for the ride from / to the trail in 2009 in November when I was nearing completion going SOBO. Also, thank you for your continued selfless service to the trail community in spite of some of the selfish acts of taking advantage of your goodness that some of the bad apples have committed.

Images

Thanks for all the kind words but all the friends I have made through the years has been so rewarding.

I'll be seeing you around June 1st.

Hiked thru in 2007 stayed with you for a night and resupplied . Was amazed at how accommodating you were for thru hikers. I know how some hikers can have an expectant attitude, I saw it first hand but it didn't seem to faze you at least you didn't let it show......Thank you Ron for the Southern hospitality !

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

Ron - hiked through and stayed in Hiawassee two nights two weeks ago. The staff were very accommodating and I saw this repeated to the other guests I witnessed in the office. The inn had everything we needed and the location sure couldn't be beat. We got great recommendations for dinner, help finding a shuttle when we couldn't make the free one and would easily recommend the BI in Hiawassee to other hikers we meet. Hopefully you're still in business when my wife and I thru in a few years so we can meet you in person. Otherwise, perhaps we'll catch up at a trail event sometime. Thanks again.
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerChef View Post
    Ron - hiked through and stayed in Hiawassee two nights two weeks ago. The staff were very accommodating and I saw this repeated to the other guests I witnessed in the office. The inn had everything we needed and the location sure couldn't be beat. We got great recommendations for dinner, help finding a shuttle when we couldn't make the free one and would easily recommend the BI in Hiawassee to other hikers we meet. Hopefully you're still in business when my wife and I thru in a few years so we can meet you in person. Otherwise, perhaps we'll catch up at a trail event sometime. Thanks again.
    thanks all, and all are welcome to stop in again..

Ron: I stayed with you in 2009 and 2010, thanks for all you do for the hikers, you are greatly appreciated.

Images

Thanks again,
    we still have some northbounders coming thru....

++ New Posts ++