WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default parking for section hike in PA or NJ

anyone know about parking at either Kitatinny Visitor's Center or at Mohican Center? I'm looking to leave my car for about 9 nights and hike my section back to my car, sometime mid-June.

.cm

Journal Entries

Maybe I'm paranoid but I'd rather park at MOC than KVC, which is right on Rte 80. Less chance of vandalism, I should think.
    "It goes to show you never can tell." - Charles Edward Anderson Berry

Last summer I parked on the approach road to the Mohican Outdoor Center where the A.T. crosses without incident. Room for several cars. It's about 200 yards from the MOC's office. The MOC also has a large parking lot but I believe it's for people staying there. One other nice thing.... you can shower at the MOC for $5.00 and they provide the bath towel (if you want to shower/change before your ride home).

One other comment.... if you're hiking north from the MOC and it's foggy or raining....be very careful as the trail is close to the edge of cliffs for a short way.

Shipfixer

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rustmd View Post
    anyone know about parking at either Kitatinny Visitor's Center or at Mohican Center? I'm looking to leave my car for about 9 nights and hike my section back to my car, sometime mid-June.

.cm
    I did both with Rocket Socks Kitatinny had some signs so we parked at a designated area and were there early prior to 9am to avoid the crowds at the lot. I used a KML program from the ATC and loaded it into my GPS, as it contains all the lots by name
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

thanks for the info., I should call each place (kitatinny not open till May), see what can be done. I'm looking for 9 days' parking.

.com

++ New Posts ++