WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Help! Kincora ( Bob Peoples) phone number is disconnected

I tried calling Kincora today and both numbers i have are "disconnected/out of service" . Anyone know what's up? They get hit by a storm and lose power? Help? I am trying to verify a shuttle i set up for next week.
    Uncle Tom
    Uncle Tom

2007 AT GA-->ME
    2010 PCT Mex-->CAN
    Blogging at tjamrog.wordpress.com

As far as I know, (423) 725-4409 should work. If it doesn't, try me at (813) 763-7868 and I'll see if I can find something else that might work for you.

We tried Sunday both numbers and neither worked

Default Bob Peoples phone is down

I have been trying to call back Bob Peoples for tow days to verify a shuttle pick up at the airport next week and both of the numbers that usually work are out of service and are disconnected. Help?
    Uncle Tom

2007 AT GA-->ME
    2010 PCT Mex-->CAN
    Blogging at tjamrog.wordpress.com

i would call another shuttler and be done with it

Try, if you haven't already (423) 725-4409. If that doesn't work, let me know, I may be able to find you another number.

There's a nice hostel/resort just down the road from Bob People's place (1/2 mile) that shuttled me to and from the airport...very nice young couple, dont have the number or remember the name of the hostel but it was something like "Black Bear Resort", I'm sure they're in the guide book if you have one. I stopped at Bob's place when I was trying to get home when a knee issue stopped my hike, I knocked on the door and he answerwed from hehind the door without opening it, I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about the place so I walked, more like hobbled, down to this place and they were exceptionally helpfull, let me use thier phone to make flight arrangements and then took me to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    There's a nice hostel/resort just down the road from Bob People's place (1/2 mile) that shuttled me to and from the airport...very nice young couple, dont have the number or remember the name of the hostel but it was something like "Black Bear Resort", I'm sure they're in the guide book if you have one. I stopped at Bob's place when I was trying to get home when a knee issue stopped my hike, I knocked on the door and he answerwed from hehind the door without opening it, I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling about the place so I walked, more like hobbled, down to this place and they were exceptionally helpfull, let me use thier phone to make flight arrangements and then took me to the airport.
    I lied, I do have the number...423-725-5988...Black Bear Hostel.

Try the Black Bear Hostel...423-725-5988, they may be able to hepl you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drybones View Post
    There's a nice hostel/resort just down the road from Bob People's place (1/2 mile) that shuttled me to and from the airport...very nice young couple, dont have the number or remember the name of the hostel but it was something like "Black Bear Resort", I'm sure they're in the guide book. .....so I walked, more like hobbled, down to this place and they were exceptionally helpfull, let me use thier phone to make flight arrangements and then took me to the airport.
    Stephanie and Brian are the young couple. I stayed there last year on my thru and again just last week.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

So does anyone know what's going on at Kincora? Is he still in business or is it just a phone problem? I was planning on sending a resupply box there, but if Bob is backing out of business, I'll go elsewhere.

Disconnected/out of service means you haven't been paying your phone bill.
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    So does anyone know what's going on at Kincora? Is he still in business or is it just a phone problem?
    I suspect it is a 'cat' problem. In that the cats might be inadvertently knocking the phone off the hook. I had the same problem about a month ago and mentioned it to Bob.

Kincora is still open and there has been a steady stream of hikers staying. I think the hostel phone has been disconnected, but the house phone number as Jack mentioned should still be OK. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the phone bill.

See you on the trail,
    mt squid

how to hike

Just called the (423) 725-4409 at Kincora and got through, so thing seem OK now.

++ New Posts ++