WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default AT SOBO 25 yr male looking for good company leaving june 7

I'm from CT looking for some good company to trek the AT southbound with leaving around June 7th. I've got all my gear and I've been training for about 2 months now and I would love some people to share the experience with. I'm super easy going, funny, and just super stoked to be heading out on this journey.

I'm not the most seasoned backpacker but I'm definitely physically prepared-I just hope that I'm mentally prepared for the all the trials ahead. I would like to travel with some people with more experience than me that could impart some wisdom during the trip but that isn't a necessity. We also don't have to travel the whole trip together if that's not in the cards but I definitely would enjoy some companions at least for the difficult terrain of northern New England for some morale support.

If anyone reading this is thinking about leaving sobo about the same time and would also like to share some good times with great company please send me an email to [email protected] or call or text to 860-919-7337. My name is Chris.

My departure date isn't set in stone at this point either so if you are leaving at a slightly different time and would like some company I would be open to altering my plans a little bit.

June 7th can't come soon enough!!

Chris, just a few thoughts from someone who's been backpacking for 30+ years. SOBO from CT (?) is a little nebulous. If you can give more specifics a to location(s), you might get a better response. Also, will you be driving and can you use your vehicle as a shuttle with other hikers' vehicles? Hikers often look for that.

++ New Posts ++