WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by freightliner View Post
    If it is I demand . . . hand pump wells every 5 miles.
    I saw these at a trade show, for a few thousand bucks apiece: http://www.villagepump.org/

I don't think they'd draw high enough for water on those PA ridgetops. Would need to have one of these, and they don't come with a filter: http://www.sunshineworks.com/deep-well-hand-pump.htm

Images

Quote Originally Posted by freightliner View Post
    Ever once in a blue moon I'm wrong and this might be one of them but on the maps for the AT thru PA it says its on a National Scenic Trail Corridor. It is very narrow and thats why they say stay on the trail. I don't think this hiker tax will be placed on us. If it is I demand all rocks be remove from the trail and hand pump wells every 5 miles.
    I'm not sure what map you're looking at, but I have the PA map set with guide book that ATC sells and can't find any text that indicates what you're claiming. My maps clearly show the different public lands that the trail goes through. Much of it in my area goes through State Game Land which is regulated by the PA Game Commission. Much of it goes through State Forest, which is regulated by PA DCNR. There are also lots of small tracts of NPS land the the trail goes through. Camping on Game Lands is prohibited, but there is an exception to that for Thru Hikers.

It should also be noted that the proposed user fees are not for hikers, only bicyclers and snowmobilers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++