WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Searching for Alcohol Stove

I purchased an alochol stove with stand and hea tshield from a guy years ago now that has been the best thing ever for backpacking, (in my opinion),
    Recently my home burned down and I lost all my gear. My brother and I have section hiked 1800 miles of the AT, and losing my gear that I have hiked with for so long has been a bummer. Back to the alcohol stove. I have an old email from the guy. I believe his name is Mike Stewart, and an old email address I have for him is [email protected]. I have tried to contact him at that email but have not received any answer back. Does anyone have any updated contact information so I can contact this guy to buy a new set up from him?

Images

Sent him a message through eBay. Sure hope it works. Thanks for the help.

You ever consider makin one Little Bro...pretty gal darn easy and very googlable. Mines not purty, but she works.

You could look at one of Zelph's kits , for example the GoTo kit :
    http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/goto-stove.php
    that even comes with a simmer sleeve...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    You ever consider makin one Little Bro...pretty gal darn easy and very googlable. Mines not purty, but she works.
    I hear you Socks, fire is basic. There is a lot of shenanigans going on out there, just to cook diner.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by July View Post
    I hear you Socks, fire is basic. There is a lot of shenanigans going on out there, just to cook diner.
    No shenanagins going on in this super sale:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?104140-Memorial-Day-Venom-Super-Stove-Sale

fiull disclosure: I mfg. them
    Last edited by zelph; 06-30-2014 at 13:37. Reason: disclosure

Images

Hey Zelph just placed an order with you around lunch time. Have been using a cat can for the past 3 years (no complaints) and am excited to get the new (for me) Super stove!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by July View Post
    Hey Zelph just placed an order with you around lunch time. Have been using a cat can for the past 3 years (no complaints) and am excited to get the new (for me) Super stove!
    The "super Cat" stove was my inspiration to make one pice stove that had pot supports integrated into the stove. Just love a stove that is one pice...i like the K.I.S.S. principle of stove making. Keeping it super simple is what it's all about.

I have received your order and have packed them up and they will be taken to the post office this afternoon.

You'll be getting 2 stoves, 2 fuel bottle with dispensing caps that are also useable on bottles of HEET gas line antifreeze that is a common fuel for alcohol stoves. There is a thread here in the gear forums(DIY) that tells all about the Venom Stove and how it came into being. You'll like the stoves

++ New Posts ++