WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Any Hikers from MIA ,south florida area

any hikers in the soflo area, seems like a rarity down here. looking to section hike the Appalachian trail in Virginia( Shenandoah park) in august and various other sections later on down the road as well as the Florida trail. looking to meet someone as enthusiastic as me when it comes to hiking. born and raised in miami but i feel out of place ,miamians look at me crazy when i speak of hiking. I need some mountains down here!

Im a Florida guy going for a hike shortly on the AT!

There are lots of AT hikers in Fl. There is even an AT hikers club in Sarasota. http://atcflorida.org/
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Images

About 20 years ago I met some hikers in the Smokies from Miami. It was January,10* and the oranges they brought were hard as a rock. They didn't think it got this cold in the "South"....
    Sleep on the ground, rise with the sun and hike with the wind....

There's a Broward county based meetup group that is doing a slackpack hike in august, I plan to go with them. I'll likely just tent instead of doing the hostel at night.

Yea , I've been on a hike with them before but being from Mami for some reason I always find it tough to head north to meet them. I was thinking about that trip but I would much rather prefer staying on the trail than at hostels. I hike here in the everglades . It be cool to meet you , damnhawk . I would go on the trip if someone else is down for 15-20 mile days.

sorry for the late update, but there is a group that will be sleeping on trail every night, only using the hostel to overnight on the arrival day and again the evening of the last day of the hike.

Default Any Hikers from MIA ,south florida area

Working on launching a non-hiking website right now that makes hiking difficult, but I do live in South Florida (Miami Lakes).
    2011 Through Hike - May 2nd Springer to Daleville, VA <> August 11 Katahdin back to Daleville, VA on December 22nd.

http://www.trailjournals.com/abouttime

++ New Posts ++