WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    I used to have that same problem, now when I'm on the trail I bring my dog's regular food plus one small can or packet of wet catfood for each meal, I mix that into the kibble and she finishes her food every time.
    Thx great idea... He loves to clean our cats litter box....he likes the food too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Dogtra
    Any reccs for dog food on trail. My lil jack Russell will not eat his food while hiking...he will eat jerky but not his dry kibble...thoughts.. Raven after hiking 15+ miles in a day... Will not eat it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm not a canine nutritionist but I'll give my two cents if you would like.

Freeze-dried dog food if it can be fit into your budget. Its ultra-light, healthy, and customizable. There are many different companies out there these days that specialize in it so shop around.

I'm not a fan of dry kibble... but if that is what you're going with you can make it work. If the dog eats something other than its dog food, that is usually a clear sign that there is nothing physically wrong with him. So if he is turning his nose up at the offered meal -- Store it away until another meal time and don't give him something else, like jerky, until he has eaten his meal later. A dog will eat whatever is put in front of them when they become hungry enough. Much the same as a human thru-hiker's appetite, really. Just keep an eye on his health as you hike to make sure he isn't deteriorating.

Hope that was useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++