WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Seeking Georgia Hiking Partner

I am fairly new to hiking. This year I have dedicated to day-hiking as much of the AT as I can. I have done Blood Mountain Loop trail more times than I can count. I have done Springer Mountain loop trail a few times. In a single day, I've done Desoto falls, Brasstown Bald, which can hardly be called a "hike," Arkaquah trail which was a moderate hike (point and back) and the Blood Mountain loop trail, which was my longest single day hike of approximately 20 miles.

Recently, I've accomplished my longest day hike (~30 miles) Amicalola falls, AT approach to Springer, Springer to Long Creek Falls via Benton MacKaye Trail, and Long Creek back to Amicalola falls via AT, AT approach, and the hike in trail.

I have been exclusively a day hiker. I would love to section hike the Georgia portion of the AT over labor day weekend this year. I also plan to do all of BMT in 4 sections in 2015. I am currently in the process of researching information for these upcoming hikes. I found this site during that research.

Some upcoming day hikes I hope to do soon would include:

(1) Springer to Woody Gap day hike (~20 mile hike, 40 miles out and back) (requires a partner or shuttle which I've never used before).

(2) Woody Gap to Neels Gap (~10 miles, 20 miles out and back) (i can do this point and back in a single day)

(3) Neels Gap to Unicoi Gap (~20 mile hike, 40 miles out and back) (requires a partner or shuttle).

(4) Blood Mountain Loop Trail + Jarrard Trail, and Slaughter Creek Trail Loop ( ~ 12 - 13 miles).

(5) Duncan Ridge Trail (~ 31 miles) absolutely requires a partner for any remote chance of completing it as a day hike point to point.

If you are in the area and are looking for a hiking partner, please let me know.

I provided all this information because I am new to hiking and none of my friends hike. I would love to meet someone who enjoys it as much as I do.

Some personal information about me: I am 28 year old male who lives in Gwinnett Georgia. I am a day hiker who is looking to start doing more overnight/section hikes. I would love to meet hikers who are more knowledgeable than I am, which isn't a high bar, but I also like hiking with people who are novices like me. I would love the thru hike the AT and BMT, but with my day job that is impossible. I have a friend who got me into hiking but then moved away from grad school so I would love to make some hiking friends.

I have had such an amazing experience meeting wonderful people on the AT that I hope it will continue well into the future.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by AO2134; 06-25-2014 at 10:30.

We'll be working our way to Springer starting October 9th, from Big Butt, NC. Perhaps you can join us along the trail whenever you have a few days off work?

++ New Posts ++