WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

what weekends are ya thinking of?

my time from now til march is limited but after that, it sorta frees up..........

Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    what weekends are ya thinking of?

my time from now til march is limited but after that, it sorta frees up..........
    I hike pretty much every weekend pending weather. It looks like I have a few options to hike the first 30 miles this month with some friends.

I have a problem with the Hwy 76 to Thunder Rock. It isn't a section I could easily do as a 2 day hike. It is about 43 miles. That would be pushing my 2 day limit and would likely have to involve night hiking. I also don't believe there is parking at Hwy 76. I have no clue how to do that section. It is going to be a pain.

However, there are some easier weekend sections in TN/NC. If you'd like, get in touch with me in march and we can see if we can plan a weekend hike (or several).

I basically hike every weekend, but I am simultaneously hiking the AT, BMT, BT and several day hikes. I am constantly looking for those to join for a weekend hike.

Images

However, there are some easier weekend sections in TN/NC. If you'd like, get in touch with me in march and we can see if we can plan a weekend hike (or several).

yeah....

im in TN so we can use my car for shuttle and all that....

i in knoxville and various parts of the BMT are around me......

thunder rock----thats sorta near big frog right?

ive done a brief section of the bmt from big frog mountain down to the road.......

also----i try to get out every weekend as well.......

although this year ive slacked with the weather and upcoming ill have to deal with some family issues that will take away my weekends (along with still trying to see concerts and such)......

Thunder rock is around big frog area, but i know very little about the area.

I was looking perhaps at Thunder Rock (92) north to Unicoi Gap (129). about a 37 mile section, but I could make it longer shorter for a weekend hike depending your hiking speed preference and easy access to parking.

Images

i was at big frog a few months ago........

for me it was a great hike.......

ill look at the map in the next few daze and figure it out.............

and im not into doing heavy duty mileage that much...........to be honest................

but, that doesnt mean i cant shuttle ya and all that.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++