WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Seeking hiking partner(s) for 4 days in Shenandoah starting 9/1 - Labor Day

Hi,

My name is Brad and I will be hiking the lower half of Shenandoah on the A.T. beginning Labor day which is Monday, September 1st. I did the northern half of the park earlier this year with a group of people I met here on White Blaze, and it was a fantastic trip.

The hike would be from Swift Run Gap down to Rockfish Gap which is at the southern end of the park right outside of Waynesboro. Please be able to do 10-13 miles per day - the terrain is really easy here and it should take us 4 days and 3 nights to finish this 45 mile section.

Me: I'm 31 y/o, live in New York City, easy going, sometimes quiet, sometimes talkative. Looking for someone male or female or even a group of folks that don't mind being quiet or don't mind chatting (I can be talkative at times). In other words, I'm not looking to entertain someone but I am looking for some chill companions to go with. I am a completely sane, professional, educated, trustworthy individual. Please be the same...BUT loud-mouthed in-your-face political conservatives need not apply. :-)

If interested, please PM me or email me at [email protected].

hey man
    surprised you let me go last time..."BUT loud-mouthed in-your-face political conservatives need not apply"
    lol
    Keith

LOL, how true that is Keith!

...sane and conservative, damn I'm out. Thanks bpowell, have a great hike!

bumping this up..time is nearing. Looks like the average high in Shenandoah the first week in April is 71 degrees! Hoping for a beautiful trip. Despite the joking above, welcome to anyone who's interested in joining.

I meant first week in September

Images

Your biggest climb is right out of gate with a 1000' ascent of Hightop Mountain. Nothing like a heart pumping climb early in the morning. Water sources should be in fine shape with the wet summer we've had.
    About 3, maybe 3 1/2 DAYS is really all you'll need to get to Rockfish Gap. Hope you can find a hiking partner.
    Last edited by johnnybgood; 08-09-2014 at 16:29.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Oh how I wish I could join you !!!! For sure, Kelly , Keith, Brad, next March or April ! Brad if you do not do the rest of Shenandoah, that could be a plan. Enjoy !!
    Just ignore it

Hey Speed Bump!!! This shenandoah trip is cancelled...no one seemed to be able to join. I'm doing 70 miles of the hundred mile wilderness instead (couldn't get enough time off for the whole thing)...so next year sounds great for us all to finish up!!! Dont forget about a long CT weekend in October :-)

++ New Posts ++