WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default what's really important in life

Many things we do alone, read a book, swing a baseball bat, drive a car, post online. But when were with our friends and loved ones, it's best to be with our friends and loved ones. Technology is great, but don't forget what's really important in life, cheers all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R60iNnr4P0

Journal Entries
    Images

Darn - I thought you were going to post something dramatic like the virtues of cyber hiking on WB!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

"what's really important in life" -brought to us via youtube. Ironic?

Ricky and his Husky Jack
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by likeahike View Post
    "what's really important in life" -brought to us via youtube. Ironic?

Youtube is important.

It taught me how to Cook stir-fry chicken, play the harmonica, and also to remove/clean the carburetor on my motor scooter.

Plus, it has some really cute videos of cats.
    Me: Ricky
    Husky: Jack
    Skeeter-Beeter Pro Hammock.
    From Dalton, Georgia (65 mi above Altanta, 15mi south of Chattanooga)

great video!

Registered User Teacher & Snacktime's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

OK RS....got it. But don't forget about us completely please.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

point missed!

Journal Entries
    Images

He does this just a few days prior to a Sabbatical of a nature walk, (less postin)When you are this down to earth... The rest doesn't matter... it's all good.

Hey I got out there today,,, deep in the green woods... the solar panels worked and they were strapped to the backside of the pack...felt like 90 degrees - the dog ...well with all that hair... I quit early.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by likeahike View Post
    point missed!
    Nope, it was ironic, you were right, but I think everybody got it. I love technology, cyber hikin, postin...and all that jazz.
    Just a reminder to also engage....In person.

Journal Entries
    Images

Yea we got to get out there again... you up for it? give me a call

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky&Jack View Post
    Youtube is important.

It taught me how to Cook stir-fry chicken, play the harmonica, and also to remove/clean the carburetor on my motor scooter.

Plus, it has some really cute videos of cats.
    and puppys

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNH View Post
    great video!
    My wife sent it to me I thought so to.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    OK RS....got it. But don't forget about us completely please.
    I'll never forget you guys, my RI Buds

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    He does this just a few days prior to a Sabbatical of a nature walk, (less postin)When you are this down to earth... The rest doesn't matter... it's all good.

Hey I got out there today,,, deep in the green woods... the solar panels worked and they were strapped to the backside of the pack...felt like 90 degrees - the dog ...well with all that hair... I quit early.
    I do need my sabbaticals every now and again, but this was just a public service announcement

Images

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Journal Entries
    Images

Mother nature and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
    You forgot the Mwaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaahaahah, and gurgled death rattle.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon b View Post
    Mother nature and family.
    I too strive to find the balance between the internet and my time in the today's a good day in the N.East for an outing, beautiful out right now. See ya.

Journal Entries
    Images

Strife and I were walking around town last week when we passed a car parked in a dark, wooded corner behind the Burger King. Given it's relative isolation and the appearance that the occupants were a teenage couple, I thought "uh oh, making out" and turned my gaze away to afford them what privacy I could (and to spare myself the visual). Since the path we were on however led us about 3 ft from the car, of course I got a glimpse of the passengers: a pair of teenagers, boy and girl, side by side in the front seat, each with heads down reading their phones.

Good Lord, what have we become when hormone-riddled kids no longer know what to do when alone in a car in an isolated spot?
    Last edited by Teacher & Snacktime; 07-17-2014 at 13:47.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Images

Strife and I were walking around town last week when we passed a car parked in a dark, wooded corner behind the Burger King. Given it's relative isolation and the appearance that the occupants were a teenage couple, I thought "uh oh, making out" and turned my gaze away to afford them what privacy I could (and to spare myself the visual). Since the path we were on however led us about 3 ft from the car, of course I got a glimpse of the passengers: a pair of teenagers, boy and girl, side by side in the front seat, each with heads down reading their phones.

Good Lord, what have we become when hormone-riddled kids no longer know what to do when alone in a car in an isolated spot?
    Too funny ^^ !!
    I was on a cleanup hike a couple of months ago in Ramapo SF. We stopped about 1/2 way through at a pond to have some lunch. It was a beautiful day ... not a cloud in the sky about 70 degrees and you could see the fish jumping in the water. Three young kids hiked up and sat down in front of us at the waters edge. I happened to glance down at them and all three of them had their heads down tapping away on their phones. It was funny but kind of sad.
    "Life is pure adventure, and the sooner we realize that, the quicker we will be
    able to treat life as art." Maya Angelou

Ha, that's funny, maybe they were doin a google search on..."My first Kiss"

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post

That would be TOO sad, RS. They're meant to learn by fumbling around like we had to!

(uh oh, opened a door there...let's see who walks through )

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Better than doing one on 'Emergency Contraception', I suppose.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++