WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries
    Images

Well I know FOREST was at The Doyle last week. Not bad for a 61 year old. Water seems to be the biggest issue SB this year.

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Don't know if you've ever done it Praha4 but the blue blaze trail that runs in that same area between Harpers Creek shelter and Maupin Fields - the Mau Har - is a kick-a$$ side trail. You "save" a couple of miles but pay for it in other ways. Makes Three Ridges seem not so tough
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

I spent a little time talking with a very sweet young woman, goes by the trail name "Moxie" just north of the Paul C Wolfe shelter the weekend of September 27. Haven't check her trail journals page to see if she has updated where she is at now though.
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

We met some SOBO's from MD to Roanoke this past 2 weeks...more than I remember last year. We'll post pics in the gallery soon.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Checking in a bit late but the name is Count Dooku. I started June 3rd at Katahdin with two others Yak and Giggles. We are now at Atkins, VA getting ready to keep it moving. Excellent job Sandals and keep it up SOBOs

Images

My wife and I camped with SOBOer Friday at Curly Maple Shelter near Erwin, TN last night. She is making good time.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

I believe one of the hikers I at the ATC Visitor Center in Harpers Ferry on Monday, Oct. 6 said he was SOBO photo number 108. And then on Friday, Oct. 10 a SOBO I talked to said he was photo number 125. So they must have been averaging about 4 a day stopping in at the Visitor Center. Almost all the ones I saw during the week looked to be under 30 and a big majority said they had started at Katahdin in June.
    Last edited by map man; 10-18-2014 at 09:11.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++