WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Black Bear walking on hind legs? (creepy)

Saw this on reddit this morning. This would freak me out.

http://i.imgur.com/m3FkBsT.gif

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

i've never seen a black bear walking on its hind legs but that almost looked like a hoax to me. If i'm wrong you're right JumpMaster - creepy.
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Images

So cool. That's how big foot got started.
    Everything is in Walking Distance

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bamboo bob View Post
    So cool. That's how big foot got started.
    http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com...TEY&tid=223396
    Ironically enough, God's last name isn't Damn....

Yeah that's a guy in a Bear suit you can tell by the walk.

Somebody should get him/her a backpack.

freaky deaky! Defiantly odd lookin', like a finger bent backwards, it just doesn't look right.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankytyke View Post
    honestly...that's what I was thinkin' too. It's to upright, and not enough side to side.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Yankytyke View Post
    My thoughts as well.

I've seen documentaries and circus videos of walking bears... and the walk of this 'bear' just isn't right. Specifically, the legs are not moving relative to what should be the pelvis of the bear. That sort of gives it away that it's an adult with much longer legs walking in a bear suit.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    freaky deaky! Defiantly odd lookin', like a finger bent backwards, it just doesn't look right.
    That's very true, when you see something that is way out of place or that challenges your paradigm, it's almost as if what you're seeing is not real. I remember having opossum get in my house and when I first saw it I had to take a double look, because I just couldn't believe what I saw and that was just a known animal.

What was unbelievable about that is that I'm very good at keeping my doors shut and I know he can't get access to my attic, because I keep that well sealed also. However, turns out I had a cheap cloth-based exhaust vent on my dryer; that sucker is metal now

The video in the OP is difficult to see, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bear, notice the video in the above link.

Seems to be walking abnormally fast and, at times, with too far a gait, for a black bear on its rear legs. The reach down into the garbage can seems suspect too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaling Fool View Post
    That's very true, when you see something that is way out of place or that challenges your paradigm, it's almost as if what you're seeing is not real. I remember having opossum get in my house and when I first saw it I had to take a double look, because I just couldn't believe what I saw and that was just a known animal.

What was unbelievable about that is that I'm very good at keeping my doors shut and I know he can't get access to my attic, because I keep that well sealed also. However, turns out I had a cheap cloth-based exhaust vent on my dryer; that sucker is metal now
    So far we've had bats, birds, squirrels, chipmunks, and someone else's dog, that really set my mind to wonderin' it had a tag and lived on a near by street, he broke his chain. Funny though he was a Siberian husky, and was a dead ringer for my husky who had died about 15 years earlier, right down to the brown eyes... so we hung out for a while before I returned him, that was freaky deeky.

Could be a black bear walking upright though!

Now that's pretty cool, were witnessing evolution, I wonder how the Apes feel about all this? I'd be pissed.

Images

Beat or human.... what's your take?
    http://gawker.com/look-at-this-bear-...475/+tcraggs22

Bipedal bear.... Township, NJ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuJlsmTG2ik
    Ironically enough, God's last name isn't Damn....

Well after seeing those, I've changed my opinion on it not being real...and am really entertaining the idea that many bigfoot sighting just may have been bears...never knew it was this common for bears to walk, just thought it was somethin they did to get a better look...stand up.

Images

I am not sure about creepy but this would get my attention. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=993ForRDhwI

I believe it is real. There are number of sightings of this bear. He has one deformed front leg. He has problems going on all fours so he's learned to walk on two.

Journal Entries
    Images

Now that I look at the YouTube videos I'm getting quite the chuckle out of this.

Could very well be a fake- people are extremely crafty nowadays, but hell, there are dogs that can walk like that...

Suffice to say that if I see a bear on twos walking anywhere near the trail...
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++