WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Water level at trail sources in Kent CT - Bulls Bridge to St Johns Ledges

Heading out this weekend for a section hike from Bull's Bridge to St John's Ledges on the AT in Kent, CT. Anyone been up there recently and can report on water levels in the streams/brooks? Just want to be prepared. Will bring extra just in case of course but if you have any info so we know what to expect, would be much appreciated!

Macedonia Brook was running around normal level earlier this week I think thats the only brook of depth you'll cross if you are leaving Bulls Bridge above the gorge. Streams coming off Schaghticoke were not running very full. If you are leaving south of the gorge or Ten Mile Hill, the Housatonic was running a little high above the dam, but I don't know about below it. There shouldn't be a problem at the Ten Mile River bridge even if water is over the trail there are some walk arounds.

Looks like a perfect weekend, you'll have some good dry weather!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by AT Traveler View Post
    Macedonia Brook was running around normal level earlier this week I think thats the only brook of depth you'll cross if you are leaving Bulls Bridge above the gorge. Streams coming off Schaghticoke were not running very full. If you are leaving south of the gorge or Ten Mile Hill, the Housatonic was running a little high above the dam, but I don't know about below it. There shouldn't be a problem at the Ten Mile River bridge even if water is over the trail there are some walk arounds.

Looks like a perfect weekend, you'll have some good dry weather!
    Thanks! Yeah, was worried, about a week ago the forecast was for rain both days though that might keep the snakes off the trail and the Algo site not too busy. Starting at the trail crossing near bulls bridge road and schagticoke road fully loaded with 2.5 bladders and an extra 1 liter nalgene each which should get us pretty far. Just want to make sure there's a water source or two before Algo lean-to (camping there) to fill up as it will be warm and dry out. Hopefully at least Thayer? Shows 1 or two others on my guide map but I am def not sure they will be flowing much. Day 2 from Algo shelter down to the trailhead at river road past the ledges. We've done the section before and the section after to W. Cornwall rd. Can't wait!

++ New Posts ++