WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Parking on GA 60

I have Sgt Rock's thru hikers guide to the BMT and it shows parking where the trail crosses Hwy 60 at FS 816. When I go to Google maps and use the street view it shows a wide spot in the road where Hwy 60 and FS 816 intersect but it doesn't really look like a parking area. My question is does anyone know if it is legal to leave a car there for a day hike?

legal, park, theres a hiker sign at trail crossing, happy trails. its where people park to see the suspension bridge, you won't be alone

Around and about...

Similar question - do people park here overnight or longer duration? I wasn't sure about the break in or vandalism for autos left here for a day or two. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JustADude View Post
    Similar question - do people park here overnight or longer duration? I wasn't sure about the break in or vandalism for autos left here for a day or two. Thanks.
    Yes. I would have no reservations in doing so. Of course with that said, crap can happen anywhere even in your own driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by JustADude View Post
    I recently did Hwy 60 (29.8 miles) to US Hwy 76 (49.5 miles) as a 2 day out and back hike. I parked my car at Hwy 60 overnight with no problem. It is immediately off a main road. That always worries me a little, but I have yet to have something bad happen to my car.

++ New Posts ++