WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by FinnMelanson View Post
    Just wanted to thank everyone here on Whiteblaze for all of the advice as I prepared for my thru-hike this past spring. I benefitted greatly from a couple of "What I Learned" kind of posts and figured I would post one myself when I find the time. I started my thru-hike on May 5th from the approach trail and finished at Mt Katahdin on August 16th. All in all I spent 103 days on trail (91 were spent hiking while 12 were spent zeroing). I met some incredible people and hikers along the way. To people like Aquaman, Six Slash, Lint, Ryan, and Shroomer-I say thank you! You made the trip truly memorable. I will post gear reviews, town tips, and trail tips soon.
    Congrats Politician! We met at the Front Royal Terrapin Station Hostel and I knew I'd never see your face again at the pace you were doing. I finished on Sept 25. But you had a great attitude towards your hike and it was a pleasure to meet you. Best of luck with the political campaign you were notably named for.
    Frankenstein - 2014 GAME
    www.trailjournals.com/kylezontheat

Congrats! And thanks for posting your gear list and recommendations for the trail. Advice like this is really helpful for those planning thru-hikes in the future!

Images

Congrats Finn. Don't come here often but you will find wonderful times when thru hikers get together. We are legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Koozy View Post
    Congrats Politician! We met at the Front Royal Terrapin Station Hostel and I knew I'd never see your face again at the pace you were doing. I finished on Sept 25. But you had a great attitude towards your hike and it was a pleasure to meet you. Best of luck with the political campaign you were notably named for.

Pleasure to meet you, Frankenstein! Congrats on your thru-hike! That was a great hostel there in Front Royal and I fondly remember demolishing an in-town McDonalds meal the morning after my stay, but boy was it hot on that section of the trail. I think the day that I hiked out of Front Royal, temperature were approaching 100 degrees.

Journal Entries
    Images

Congratz!!!!
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++