WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Cool It's here....new golite

It arrived today on a big brown truck. The "golite - jam 70"
    It is light and strong. It got lots o space.
    It will get to working next weekend.

I have seen videos and blogs that like the "golite" jam50. never saw much on the 70. I like to have a little extra space. If anyone has used the golite please respond with you opinions and carry options.

Using this pack along with my hammock system I have cut almost 5 lbs. off my load. My old pack is 4.6 lbs.
    the 70 comes in at 1.89 lbs. Well on my way to a 22 lbs. load.

There are wonders out there, now to find them.

I have the golite jam 70, making a couple minor alterations.....first thing I did was dyed my easter egg blue pack to a nice dark royal blue color, it actually looks very good. I love the weight and the size of the pack.

This weekend was super....52 deg. Sat. morning
    Took the new pack out for a short test run.
    Did a three mile hike over to the park on the edge of town and did a little stealth hang.
    The "go-lite" 70 is amazing lite. In the pack: hammock, tarp, sleeping pad, mini down sleeping bag (30 deg.) jet boil, coffee, 2 cliff bars, roman noodles, new york strip, 2 mini-bar bottles of Crown, 16oz. bottle of pepsi, 32oz. water bag, 1 ezbit fire tab, and a small camp pillow.
    Total weight: 11.5 lbs.
    I will most likely be about 22 lbs. for the AT. The pack worked well, however, I need to do some adjusting to the belt.
    I had a little rub between the buckle and the pad. The hang/carry loop at the neck was a bit anoyin I am thinking of cutting it off.
    Over all ....I am pleased with the pack.....now to practice different ways of loading it...
    There are wonders out there, now to find them.

Journal Entries
    Images

I just wish you could get it in green.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Golite.com search did not show a jam anything until I reread post and looked in the ultra lite category.
    Now it shows up. Golite must be having a bad hair day.

Thanks Rolls
    Last edited by Rolls Kanardly; 09-14-2014 at 16:20.
    Rolls down the hill, Kanardly hike up the other hill
    May all your hikes have clear skies, fair winds and no rocks under your pad.

i tried the go-life jam 70 for a year of backpacking & AT section hiking but i could not get it to load correctly. . .everything fell down and made the pack look like a giant pear on my back. i used my sleeping pad to line the pack but still it didn't work. the strapping all fell loose and i was constantly readjusting.

i tried to like this pack but it didn't work out for me, i now have an ULA circuit that is working super for me. i wish you well w/ your go-life jam 70, i see a few on the AT.

.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyjim View Post
    I have the golite jam 70, making a couple minor alterations.....first thing I did was dyed my easter egg blue pack to a nice dark royal blue color, it actually looks very good. I love the weight and the size of the pack.
    Surprised you tried this! I would expect the color to run and make everything you wear next to it royal blue.
    Miles to go before I sleep. R. Frost

++ New Posts ++