WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default Who Will be Using Youtube?

I just started my youtube channel a few weeks ago for my thru-hike next spring and I was wondering who else will be documenting their trip via youtube? So if you will be posting videos on youtube post a link on this thread so I or anyone else can find more easily!

Here's a link to my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdp...Ol9qWD_ijq__7g

Yes, I will be documenting my thru hike partially on youtube. I actually intend the youtube vids to be really quick snippets of a daily vlog. I will film these with my phone and upload as I can. As an amputee thru hiker, and a following of other amputees as well, I wanted to film more of a documentary style of my experience hiking the AT. The goal being that people with or with out a disability will see the videos and it might inspire them to be more active. We will see how it works out in the end! I sub'd ya. Good luck out there, maybe we will run into each other.
    Here is a link to my channel for anyone who may be interested. I do already have about a dozen videos and short hiking adventures on there, as well an a video that talks about my amputation and all that happy jazz!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/amputeeadventure/videos

Yeah I'm thinking of using Youtube for video updates during next year's thru. I've got a channel up already so it would pretty simple. There's a few folks I know who would want to be updated but aren't on Facebook, and Youtube's upload program often seems to run a bit smoother. Now what remains to be seen is how much I use it, I'm imagining more occasional updates than the near constant feed I see from some current hikers. While the videos are cool it feels like it would become a chore to me to always be trying to record something or upload the latest batch of videos.

I suppose I'll share now though there are no hiking videos yet. But you can watch me do small time logging in the VT winter if that sounds entertaining. https://www.youtube.com/user/vezinapotomis/videos

Can you guys tell me how you plan to edit your videos? Is there a good app for iPhone or Android? I have thought about doing a video blog but never had a nice enough phone to make videos!

Journal Entries

I honestly have no idea how to edit videos but I would like to figure it out so I can make my videos more interesting. After I posted my last vid I noticed there was a way you can edit them on youtube so I'll be messing around with that for my next one.

Journal Entries
    Images

I thought you tube was for watching? Does it cost money and require time and a long learning curve to make your own?

Images

IIRC these folks claimed that they shot and edited their videos on an iPod Touch.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeO...OruQn6vztLWssQ
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

Will Wood uses an app called youtube capture (I think?) to edit is videos that he posts to youtube as he does the AT.

No posting to youtube is free. You just set up your own "channel" and you can upload anything you want there. It's great for custom content of all kinds.

Images

I'm in the process of setting up a website related to active, healthy living and my AT thru attempt is going to be a large part of the early content. I'd thought about doing videos to supplement the process. I have an iPhone 4s that shoots great photos. I haven't done a lot of video yet but there are some good ideas here. I will definitely be checking out some of these youtube channels.

I plan to do documentary type videos on my PCT thru, Not just the every day type video stuff, but More in depth videos, and you can edit your videos as you down load them.

++ New Posts ++