WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default summer sleeping pad

Trying to get my 20 yr son to come hiking with me. Should check with my dentist about pulling teeth, but there are family issues that caused that attitude. But he has more or less agreed to a few days, a start! I'll need a sleeping pad for him. I have some extra gear 50 and 65 L pack. extra sleeping bag, frogg toggs. I don't think he'll need much other than shoes and sleeping pad, for summer early fall in the Ozarks. warm clothes if it gets chilly. I might find a down comforter at a thrift store and modify it for hiking.
    So back to the sleeping pad suggestions, he's a belly sleeper 5'10" at most. and I might use it for summer for a pad that does not crinkle so much.
    Any other suggestions on bringing along someone not really interested in hiking but willing to try it because you asked.
    Thanks!!

eXPED SYNMAT7, WIDE MEDIUM. Sorry for all caps. This is the pad I use year round without problems
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

I personally use a Ridgerest Zlite Sol for the summer but if you want him to come back I would recommend an inflatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Studlintsean View Post
    I personally use a Ridgerest Zlite Sol for the summer but if you want him to come back I would recommend an inflatable.
    I have cheap thermarest zlite sol also for my son and dog....I personally use neoair xlite.....like it but is noisy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++