WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Final section hike

Hope to finish the AT, hiking from VT 12 to Kinsman Notch at the end of the month! Planning on 8-9 days. Looking for any trail information, must see locations, advice or cautions that will make this a great finish. Would like to zero somewhere around Lyme, suggestions for that would be helpful. Thanks!

Lyme's a pretty sleepy place, not much there there as I recall. Hanover's only a days' walk south of there and has lots more going on. There aren't really a lot of attractions I can think of, in that stretch.

Journal Entries
    Images

I did that section two years ago, not too bad. I finished the trail 2 weeks ago, my 27th section hike. The satisfaction is amazing, good luck. PS, going down the backside of the Moose is tough!
    HighLiner
    2000 Miler

Quote Originally Posted by HighLiner View Post
    I did that section two years ago, not too bad. I finished the trail 2 weeks ago, my 27th section hike. The satisfaction is amazing, good luck. PS, going down the backside of the Moose is tough!
    Congratulations on your finish!!!
    Decided to do Moose N to S, so will actually finish in Glenciff. Can't wait to get out there next week and do this.

Quote Originally Posted by hopetofinish View Post
    Congratulations on your finish!!!
    Decided to do Moose N to S, so will actually finish in Glenciff. Can't wait to get out there next week and do this.
    Wow, what an exciting hike! How long will you have taken to complete the trail? How long were the majority of the sections you did?
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => send me a message <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailing_Faith View Post
    Wow, what an exciting hike! How long will you have taken to complete the trail? How long were the majority of the sections you did?
    To be honest, didn't set out to do it all, so not positive exactly when I started. I believe it was 2000 or 2001. Lots of hikes over long w/e's, tried to get out once a month, except for Dec., usually 30-40 miles. Ramped up mileage over the second half.
    Am excited to attempt to finish!

congrats!
    stay safe & have fun! maybe post some pictures :-)

Did complete my final section and the AT! Had a great hike, great weather. Met up with a co-hiker the last 2 days. All the credit goes to the LORD for getting me to the finish line!
    Topped it off with a cog railway trip up Mt Washington on a clear day!
    Thanks to all the folks who provided advice and direction. Also, couldn't have done it without all the shuttle drivers!

Congratulations!

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hopetofinish View Post
    Did complete my final section and the AT! Had a great hike, great weather. Met up with a co-hiker the last 2 days. All the credit goes to the LORD for getting me to the finish line!
    Topped it off with a cog railway trip up Mt Washington on a clear day!
    Thanks to all the folks who provided advice and direction. Also, couldn't have done it without all the shuttle drivers!
    Well, hopetofinish, I hope to someday follow in your footsteps. Good job, and congratulations!

GA-ME 2011
    Images

How did you handle doing multiple short hikes up north while living in NC? Do you travel and stay somewhere and do multiple hikes or do you just do one then go home?
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Congrats! Super accomplishment...............a lot to be said for determination

Quote Originally Posted by Don H View Post
    How did you handle doing multiple short hikes up north while living in NC? Do you travel and stay somewhere and do multiple hikes or do you just do one then go home?
    Did ramp up the mileage a bit but typically about 40 trail miles per trip, starting in PA. Don't mind driving so I would drive up starting at 3-4 am then shuttle and hike in a few miles on day 1, then did spend the night on the way back. Work schedule highly advantageous for this, am a nurse, so 12 hr shifts--3 on, 4 off. Total of 67 hikes over the years.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Thanks.
    Good luck with finishing.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

++ New Posts ++