I'm contemplating stepping down a size in my cook setup. Unfortunately because Titanium is expensive, I cannot just buy a new pot and practice with it then find out it does not work. I think I might go out and buy a really cheap similar sized pot (900ml or slightly less) and began experimenting at home with it too see if I can COOK in it.

I'm considering picking up the Trail Designs Caldera Sidewinder Ti-Tri with all the goodies. The full inferno setup with floor, etc. I'm interested into getting into wood-burning when I want. But having an efficient alcohol setup for my regular cooking duties. I'll even keep the gram cracker in there with one esbit cube just for fun. I like options.

I like to go ultralight where I can, but these accessories only add 1-2oz and I'll use them outside of ultra-light backpacking trips. Well, I'll even use them during ultra-light backpacking trips. Weight isn't even what I'm addressing here.

Does anyone have any resources of people cooking meals for one in their 900ml pot with success? I know I can cook in my 1.3L pot with ease for one. I can make a really hearty meal if need be. I feel like if I step down to a 900ml pot it would be too small/inconvenient in the volume department. However I gain advantages such as packability and weight savings.

My only nitpicks with the 1.3L is it is a "little" too big for me personally. I don't know why but it bugs me because most of the time I'm not utilizing the volume the of the pot, and therefore it's a waste. However, it is easy to cook in. Has plenty of volume for a hearty meal and hot h20 for a drink.

So, COOKING in a 900ml pot. What's your success stories?

Furthermore, if Evernew or Toaks offered a 1.1L wide bottom pot... I think it would be their best seller. A thru-hiker's dream pot.