WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Getting a hitch from Mt. Elbert this Saturday 10.27 w/rain or snow in forecast

There is a 50 percent chance of rain or snow this Saturday, October 27 in the Mt. Elbert area. Getting a hitch from the Mt. Elbert parking lot, say to Buena Vista, is supposed to be easy on a typical sunny weekend day. But will this forecast keep the crowds and the potential rides away? I'm section hiking the CT (in Leadville now) but will end at Elbert or Twin Lakes.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by genetic claybuilding View Post
    There is a 50 percent chance of rain or snow this Saturday, October 27 in the Mt. Elbert area. Getting a hitch from the Mt. Elbert parking lot, say to Buena Vista, is supposed to be easy on a typical sunny weekend day. But will this forecast keep the crowds and the potential rides away? I'm section hiking the CT (in Leadville now) but will end at Elbert or Twin Lakes.
    I think it will be very crowded all over the CO high country this weekend because this is essentially the peak of the Aspen color season; tons of leaf-peepers all over the place. I'm guessing you won't have a problem hitching this weekend. The modest "snow" predicted, if it happens, should be above 10-11K, and will only enhance the colorful Aspen images.

(and I assume you mean September, 9/27)

++ New Posts ++