Default PCT THRU HIKE Gear Lists

I just finished my thru hike of the PCT. Here are the gear lists that I used to get me from Mexico to Canada and some notes/explanations about whay worked and what didnt.

http://thetraillives.com/pacific-cre...ke-gear-lists/
    Gradual Change You Can Believe in.

Live deliberately.

Did you have to use water with silt or sand in it for the desert sections? Reason I ask is because the Sawyer mini worked pretty well for me in Colorado and I was planning to use it for the PCT as well.
    HST/JMT August 2016
    TMB/Alps Sept 2015
    PCT Mile 0-857 - Apr/May 2015
    Foothills Trail Feb 2015
    Colorado Trail Aug 2014
    AT: Rockfish Gap to Boiling Springs 2014
    John Muir Trail Aug/Sept 2013

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

I didn't treat water but a few times (3 or 4) on the PCT but the only water that I observed to be too silty to fool with was in runoffs around the volcanos.. Mt. Hood, particularly. Some of that water looked like 2% milk flooding downhill.

No problems in the desert with silty water - this was in late April, first few weeks of May.

Images

Thank you, excellent presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Did you have to use water with silt or sand in it for the desert sections? Reason I ask is because the Sawyer mini worked pretty well for me in Colorado and I was planning to use it for the PCT as well.
    I never had any problems with silty water in the desert. I did see some silty sources in northern oregon and through washington but I never had to use them. I really didn;t like hte mini. I like the regular squeeze.
    Gradual Change You Can Believe in.

Live deliberately.

Thank you. I am planning for 2016 and this is a great help. I really like how you broke down the sections and described why you chose what you carried.
    Out of step with the world...

My trail blog:
    http://saladdaysonthetrail.wordpress.com/

Very informative gear lists. Thanks for taking the time to detail them. I have to say something about the photo of you camped right next to Evolution Lake. While it's a beautiful photo, it's also a leave no trace no-no. If everyone camped in meadows right next to water pristine places like this would be trashed. I encourage you to learn about leave no trace ethics, and also to caption your photo with a disclaimer.

++ New Posts ++