WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

If you're drinking bourbon and water I hope you purified the water from parasites. Wait, does bourbon kill Giardia? I may have to replace my Aqua Mira drops with bourbon purifying drops/shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_the_cat View Post
    In the last couple days the reality of this thru-hike has really hit me. Right now, I'm making notes in my AT guide of things I want to see, places I want to stop, ideal refuel locations. Checking out the satellite view, marking down the food I'll need.

God, I am so pumped.
    You sound just like where I am right now! Damn, there's SO MUCH INFORMATION OUT THERE! I'm on page 15 of my Word document I'm compiling.

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Furlough View Post
    Did not know this. Next Trail maintenance trip I may need to head back home that way.
    Yeah Furlough, going south from Reeds toward 151. At the bottom is Devils Backbone and the Wintergreen Winery. Hang a left on 151, Bold Rock cidery will come up on your right, then Wild Wolf on the left continue on, pass through Nellysford, down the road a bit is the distillery, SilverBack, (it's pretty new) then Route 151 (used to be the blue toad) then Blue Mountain Brewery. Various wineries off on the side roads. When's the next trail maintenance for that area?
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdave View Post
    I've got thirty gallons of red wine of five different varietals (including six gallons of a mix of all five) made form juice from Chile, all ready to bottle. They will be superb by next spring. I even have three port wines down in the cellar---which would be the "wine of choice" for backpacking winos, with it's higher ABV. The orange chocolate port tastes just like an orange Tootsie Pop. Amazing!

<Hey, don't laugh! It's my creative outlet! Some people create art, others make music, some sing, and I make wine.>

We got no wine drinkers in next years Class?
    I love a good red wine. Not too much experience with ports though. Sounds like I need to branch out. Chocolate orange port!! What!! Sounds delicious!!
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++