WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default New pack suggestions

I have had my GG vapor ki since they came out. It has served me very well. I took a rather nasty spill in the whites and the rocks tore my pack up. I've started looking for a new, light women's pack that will last me another 8-10 years. I am 5'4" and about 125 lbs. I do not want a pack that weighs more than 2.5-3 lbs.

Suggestions for something comfortable? I generally carry about 30 lbs at the start of a trip.

Thanks. Gum

Images

My wife is 5-4 and weighs ~120 pounds as well. I've using the ULA OHM 2.0 for a couple years now and cannot say enough good things about it and just recently bought one for my wife and now she loves it. Carrying 30 lbs, however, I'd opt for the Circuit rather than the OHM, but in either case, check them out. Despite being a fairly UL pack, these appear to be very durable. Custom sizing (torso vs. waist sized separately), two different shape shoulder straps ("J" or "S", most women choose "S"). Even comes in a girly color, a purple that my wife thinks is very cool (also comes in green and a camo).

Images

My lovely wife also got a new Circuit this year, and loves it. She got the S-curve straps, and it's purple
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

++ New Posts ++