WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default A hiking partner

Is anyone starting northbound @ springer in '06 around April the 1st? If so I would like to have a hiking partner. If anyone is interested let me know

Images

I am a 25 at time of start male departing the 22 of march
    :datz May the four winds blow me safely to Maine.

www.trailjournals.com/cheesewhiz

Default Sounds Good

We will keep in touch Cheezwiz. 5 months and counting.

I'm starting April 15th. If you decide to go later, let me know!
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matter compared to what lies within us.":jump

Images

I have 154 days
    :datz May the four winds blow me safely to Maine.

www.trailjournals.com/cheesewhiz

I'm looking for a part-r to Ma. Could consider join-g u at Clarks Ferry, Duncannon, Pa about Jun-- after I'm done after school babysitting the grandchuldren.

We are leaving around end of March or early April
    First time and excited but lots to do to prepare physically
    Live in Asheville at present time so we are near AT in Hot Springs 35 miles away so can partial hike at times.Also live near Mtns to Sea trail on Parkway Just getting started - any suggestions on things to get in shape
    also Debbie has fear of heights to some degree to overcome

Images

Quote Originally Posted by the wonderer
    Is anyone starting northbound @ springer in '06 around April the 1st? If so I would like to have a hiking partner. If anyone is interested let me know
    don't worry, you'll have hundreds of hiking partners.

Default Yeah for April Fools Day

I'll be starting that weekend as well. Can't wait!!
    :p April

Planning for GA <> ME Thruhike April 2006!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilmountaingirl
    I'm starting April 15th. If you decide to go later, let me know!
    I just decided to start that day too! Best way to avoid not getting my taxes done on time I guess. Hope to see you out there.

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

While it is nice to hike with someone you know, you should realize that there will be a lot of aspiring thru-hikers starting north from Amicalola or Springer every Saturday morning. Inevitably you will find someone who matches your pace and personality as you move north with the "herd".
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

do they start the hike on Sat.mostly. how many people are on the trail yearly?I am 64 years old hope to start in spring but i will do it in sections,any ideals where i should start was goind to do TN. then PA. with a friend up there,will do TN.alone

Quote Originally Posted by the wonderer
    I'm interested in a hiking partner. I don't want to lock myself into anything with a partner but I hope to meet another hiker that shares my expectations for the trail and hikes around my same pace. I'm going to be super slow to start. I have heard of a lot of people starting northbound on or around April 1st. I am planning to start around that time as well. I don't have a partner either and I was concerned that I would not have anyone to hike with but I have a feeling we will not be the only people looking for a buddy at that time. We should have no problem finding someone else to hike with. I don't quite understand how it works though. Do many hikers stay at a hostel the night before and set out together or do people just hope that they will run into other hikers at the end of the day at a shelter? If anyone knows what the deal is I would love some input. I have no idea what to expect.

I've been to Springer Mtn. every spring since 1986 between the 2nd week of March thru the 1st week of April and rest assured you'll have PLENTY of folks to hike with. "Partners" rarely work out. Best to do your own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by strnorm
    do they start the hike on Sat.mostly. how many people are on the trail yearly?I am 64 years old hope to start in spring but i will do it in sections,any ideals where i should start was goind to do TN. then PA. with a friend up there,will do TN.alone
    We have found that the majority peolple start on #1 sunday #2 saturday and #3 monday. The slowest seems to be thursday. As far as total on the trail starting at one time. We figure (and it is kind of a guess) on the 3 busy days about 20+ a day start on the other days some where around 10+ are starting
    Profile '00
    www.hikerhostel.com

hey everyone, I am looking to start in mid-april (shocker) and am looking for a partner to help plan, even if we only end up hiking together for a few days or whatever.

Images

hiking alone is the way i love to hike neo

My suggestion is to just plan on meeting people on the trail or at shelters. Everyone has a different pace, starting time, and quitting time.

:banana Need Partner for a 400 Mile Section Hike

I am planning a trip the last week of April going north form 321 in NC to the start of the Shennandoah National Park. I plan on taking 30 days and would like partner to hike with. (wife does not want me to hike alone). Send e mail if interested to [email protected]

Images

Smile looking for hiking partner

i am going on a 17 day hike from williamstown to bear mtn brige, so if anybody is looking to go let me know its 189 miles,im am53 years old in good shape
    wolf
    wolf

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++