WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Exclamation Help people of VA (180 miles left and I'm a thru-hiker!)

Hey team!

Due to some family visits I had to skip the Shenandoah section of my hike. I will be back this November (3rd-ish) with a hiking buddy to finish up.
    If there's anyone who'd be able to shuttle us to glasgow/buena vista/front royal I would be eternally grateful. We are running super low on cash but just hit me up with an estimate and I'll let you know if I can afford it. Whether I end up going north or south will depend on this ride.

If I do this last section I will have completed the whole trail in a year! Hope there's someone out there feeling antsy for a drive to the woods

-Das Sloth '14 10697235_10152312029850667_1659384895624413498_o.jpg

There's a lady that use to be on here named HikerMom58 http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...light=hikermom

Maybe someone else knows how to get into contact with her; I believe she use to give rides to hikers.

Journal Entries

I have her phone number. I'll send to OP in a PM.

You can also try DeerHunter or give this guy a call Aubrey "Piney" Taylor 540-261-6998 or 540-460-3527. Ran into him while shuttling someone to the same area your going. I would do it but, I'll be out of town. This guy seemed really nice and loves to tell stories. If he can't help he knows a lot of others who shuttle.

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaling Fool View Post
    There's a lady that use to be on here named HikerMom58 http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...light=hikermom

Maybe someone else knows how to get into contact with her; I believe she use to give rides to hikers.
    HikerMom still shuttles. She helped me out yesterday, I highly recommend her. Deer Hunter also is an option when available and he is a great guy .
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
    HikerMom still shuttles. She helped me out yesterday, I highly recommend her. Deer Hunter also is an option when available and he is a great guy .
    Yes, and I sent both numbers. Hopefully one of them can help.

You beat me to it, Illabelle! By the way, dinner at the Homeplace last week without you just wasn't the same!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    You beat me to it, Illabelle! By the way, dinner at the Homeplace last week without you just wasn't the same!
    Haha! I'll make it back up there one of these days. We've got lots of miles to do in Virginia.

Thank you everyone for such prompt and helpful responses! The trail provides!
    I've gotten in touch with Hiker Mom and we're figuring something out.
    Much love <3

From where? I'm in front royal and can provide shuttles

Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    From where? I'm in front royal and can provide shuttles
    Hi! Just saw this message. I've found a ride to the trail, but you are, conveniently enough, exactly where I would be getting off trail. I'm doing this section super slow so I'll be done 11/22. If you could get us a ride back to DC that would be amazing!

++ New Posts ++