WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Merrell Chameleon Stretch Prime

Came across and tried on a pair of these shoes while at a local shoe store. Loved the fit and feel in the store, as well as the particular construction and shock cord lacing, but before I pick up a pair I wouldn't mind hearing first hand from anyone that has hiked in these particular shoes.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Mobi...x/35049M/86968

Already have the Moab mid and have been very pleased with Merrells.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

I don't have the Stretch Primes, but I have been wearing the Merrell Chameleon 4's for the last 3 years in Afghanistan. No serious hiking, but I have been walking pretty much exclusively on dirt/gravel the whole time. I love them for what I bought them for, and have thought more than once that they would make a nice actual hiking shoe as well (I hike in Brooks Cascadias). While most people over here are wearing over the ankle boots that don't breath, I have had no problems with moisture/breathability. They do stink after a while though.
    The one who follows the crowd, will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone, is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.
    -Albert Einstein

Images

It doesn't mean a whole lot really as all of our feet are so different, but I wear Merrell's pretty much all the time hiking/climbing, and for some reason, the only model of Merrell's I do not like is the "stretch"; the sole is just too flexible compared to the other models so the support is lacking, which allows more foot fatigue for these old dogs. I much prefer the Chameleon's or Moab's.

Sorry, just MHO.

++ New Posts ++