Default How many mountains does one hike on the FT?

Just felt like being a smart aleck.

Images

It's working.

How about the PCT or the CDT one can ask this question about any trail in the world the answer would be the same "Pointless" besides it's just walking remember.

Journal Entries

The mountains you can see, are not as challenging as the ones that you cannot.

In other words, the real obstacles are inside of you. A trail, is just a path in the woods.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 11-19-2014 at 23:29.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    The mountains you can see, are not as challenging as the ones that you cannot. In other words, the real obstacles are inside of you. A trail, is just a path in the woods.
    Do you know the meaning of life?

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swisscross View Post
    Just felt like being a smart aleck.
    There is MT. DORA - Elevation 184 Ft above Sea Level
    DeerPath

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY
    IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY,
    BUT RATHER SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
    SHOUTING "HOLY CRAP....WHAT A RIDE!"

Quote Originally Posted by freightliner View Post
    Do you know the meaning of life?
    Pretty sure the awnser is...42

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

In Florida most mountains are known by the terms "interstate on ramp" or "bridge over sailboat waterway"

Quote Originally Posted by DeerPath View Post
    There is MT. DORA - Elevation 184 Ft above Sea Level
    In the literary timbre of "Not Without Peril" and "Into Thin Air", the incredible tale of mountaineering, survival, and the bond between men who sweat together for 13 minutes is now in bookstores, "Facing The Beast - The conquest of Florida's high peaks"

How many mountains does one hike on the FT?

I'd invite you to walk south from
    Birmingham to where the Florida Trail meets the Alabama line but it would be one long highway walk.

Bama can't seem to find the energy to build the trail.

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    How many mountains does one hike on the FT?

I'd invite you to walk south from
    Birmingham to where the Florida Trail meets the Alabama line but it would be one long highway walk.

Bama can't seem to find the energy to build the trail.

Interesting.
    Never even considered connecting the Pinhoti to the FT.
    Has that ever been a conversation between the Pinhoti Alliance and the FT Association to bridge the two?
    Talks about connecting the PT the AT in the past and present, which I am opposed.

Interesting.
    Has that ever been a conversation between the Pinhoti Alliance and the FT Association to bridge the two?
    Talks about connecting the PT the AT in the past and present, which I am opposed.
    Eastern Continental Trail.
    Over 5,500-miles in length, the ECT uses several long paths to take long distance hikers from Key West, FL, to Cape Gaspe', Canada. The path through Alabama takes hikers to their first mountain over 1,000-feet tall, Flagg Mountain, and to the state's highest peak, Cheaha.

While most of the route of the ECT is complete, a 220-mile section in Alabama is currently road walk. AHTS is working with the AHS and Southeast Foot Trail Coalition (SEFTC) to move the ECT off the road in the state and back into the woods.
    http://hikealabama.org/index.php?page=ect
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.

Interesting.
    Great Eastern Trail

In the Conecuh National Forest in southern Alabama, named for the Muskogee phrase “land of cane,” the Conecuh Trail follows a gentle, rolling route through a bottomland forest of beech and oak interspersed with the stands of cane that give the forest its name. The connecting Florida Trail is nearby.

Between the two long existing segments in Alabama, a gap of some 220 miles exists, posing a major challenge to trail planners. However, within this gap trail development is under way at Flagg Mountain, the southernmost 1,000-foot peak in the Appalachian chain. This mountain, the first for northbound hikers, is topped with a magnificent 50-foot stone tower built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1935.
    Nearly 140 miles of the Alabama Pinhoti Trail traverse a very remote section of the Appalachians to the Georgia border. Sections here are much more rugged than you would expect, with numerous deep gaps, and clifftop vistas. Highlights include 2,407-foot Cheaha Mountain, the state’s highest point. The Alabama Pinhoti also passes through a number of beautiful watersheds where backpackers can pitch their tents on earthen dams. It directly connects the GET hiker to the Georgia Pinhoti Trail.
    http://www.greateasterntrail.net/map...tions/alabama/

++ New Posts ++