WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It's really about time some folks elicit greater imagination when thinking of trail mixes or GORP. Time to move on to considering a wider range of choices than good old raisins and peanuts that can be so boring.

It would be interesting to compile a list of Trader Joes locations within reasonable distance of the trail. I shop almost exclusively at TJ and always compare the price, quality and selection of nuts and other trail friendly foods when I'm in a small town market.
    HST/JMT August 2016
    TMB/Alps Sept 2015
    PCT Mile 0-857 - Apr/May 2015
    Foothills Trail Feb 2015
    Colorado Trail Aug 2014
    AT: Rockfish Gap to Boiling Springs 2014
    John Muir Trail Aug/Sept 2013

Wouldn't it be great if Trader Joe's would do on-line buying and ship it general delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by squeezebox View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if Trader Joe's would do on-line buying and ship it general delivery.
    I don't think Gen Del will be available, but many of TJ's items are now available at Amazon, both through Prime and not, more than 2,000 items last check. You may already know this though.

I've not had a TJ's near me since I moved from Atlanta several years back, but we're getting one here soon (might be built by now, not sure). I still have some of their reusable store bags...

Trader Joe's Natural Mint Cocoa seasonally available? Amazon?

Quote Originally Posted by Connie View Post
    Trader Joe's Natural Mint Cocoa seasonally available? Amazon?
    I see a Peppermint Hot Chocolate on there, Organic Hot Cocoa in packets, along with something called "Sipping Chocolate Inspire by European Tradition Decadent Chocolate Elixir" I think I just drooled on my keyboard (shuts Amazon window hurriedly)

I think I will "go for" peppermint and sipping chocolate. I have Natural Mint Cocoa and Sipping Chocolate. There is nothing else like it for texture. I have been putting CoffeeMate Peppermint Mocha in the Natural Mint Cocoa, in fact, all added to nearing empty coffee mug Nescafe Classico.

I love this stuff. I miss Trader Joe's so much, I suggested a store location, twice, to be located reasonably nearby.

Thank you, thank you, for the mention.

I have requested mail order. I never thought to look at Amazon.

You're welcome Connie. I'm glad it was 80 degrees here yesterday so some of that 'Sipping Chocolate' didn't end up in my cart by a finger-twitch, lol! Maybe for my winter trip coming up when it will go below freezing possibly? Yeah, that sounds like a good excuse!!

-23 F today.

Anyone hiking, doing lunch?

I am having hot cocoa, by my fake fireplace.

Maybe I will vacuum-pak mini marshmallows, for backpacking fun.
    Last edited by Connie; 12-29-2014 at 09:46.

I'm tempted to see about shipping myself some Foie Gras from Hudson Vally Farms while near New York, along with a cheap American truffle, some really good cheese and a nice crusty bread . Hmmmm duck....
    20% cooler in 10 seconds flat!

Has anyone mentioned those Justin's peanut butter snack packs? Perfect for a single serving and you don't have to bring a whole jar haha. I have seen them for 50 cents at supermarkets

http://www.rei.com/product/771766/ju...-blend-115-oz/

Quote Originally Posted by quasarr View Post
    Has anyone mentioned those Justin's peanut butter snack packs? Perfect for a single serving and you don't have to bring a whole jar haha. I have seen them for 50 cents at supermarkets

I like the 'wild friends' brand. It's sweet, protein, fats and espresso all in one package They have others too, but the Vanilla Espresso Almond butter takes nutella substances to a whole 'nother level, lol!

http://www.amazon.com/Friends-All-Na...s=wild+friends

I don't think I can find them for 50 cents though; if I did, I'd buy all that they had!

How about a big slab of Parmesan Cheese (the real stuff from Parma, the the fake stuff from WI).

Images

Cliff bars, snickers, knorrs, pop tarts gorp, day after day after day yum!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quasarr View Post

I already mentioned the 1.4 oz packs with two peanut butter cups in the #3 post. Two peanut butter cups in these packs disappear so quickly that they are really a single serving in themselves so are my choice. They are a better overall price per ounce than the single serving .5 oz peanut butter cups in the 10 and 30 in a bag ones you're talking about. The 1.4 oz size is what I see most often and affords folks the chance to minimally invest to test them out before committing to the higher priced larger bags. If you were lucky enough to trick or treat at my house this Halloween this is what you would have received as my treat to you. Here are the correct links to the product you're mentioning.

http://www.amazon.com/Justins-Chocol...dp/B00HMUUKBU#

http://www.amazon.com/Justins-Chocol...WZHCVMQQMPEXAM

Quote Originally Posted by She View Post
    I like the 'wild friends' brand. It's sweet, protein, fats and espresso all in one package They have others too, but the Vanilla Espresso Almond butter takes nutella substances to a whole 'nother level, lol!

http://www.amazon.com/Friends-All-Na...s=wild+friends

I don't think I can find them for 50 cents though; if I did, I'd buy all that they had!
    Again, I mentioned these in my first post. Great combination of ingredients for backpacking IMO too. If you find these for 50 cts let me know. I've never seen them at that price retail even with some of the discounts I sometimes can get to make them closer to wholesale.

This wasn't specifically posted in the UL Forum but I did include UL intentionally in the thread title so, again, please provide cal/oz ratios and ingredients list or links to specific products(brand, etc) when possible. Thnx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++