WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by WillPoe View Post
    2015 Harpers Ferry Flip-Flopper Dinner

I’m Will Poe and a 2015 Flip-Flopper. I live in Harpers Ferry and am an ATC volunteer. In consultation with DangerDave, we’ve agreed I attempt to coordinate a Saturday evening, pay-your-own-way dinner for the estimated 20 Flip-Floppers and family members (no one knows the exact number) within walking distance of the ATC Headquarters, Hostels, and Hotel.

As this is a first-ever event where transportation may be limited for many, and car-pooling may be difficult to arrange, I will have other dinner suggestions for smaller groups with transportation on the morning of Saturday, May 2
    nd. But for now, the choices within walking distance are (in no particular order):

The Anvil, http://anvilrestaurant.com/dinner.htm, is a traditional restaurant with meals from $10 - $28 and full bar service. The Canal House, http://www.canalhousecafe.com/menu, features locally sourced ingredients with daily specials from $9 - $24. At The Canal House you can bring in your own wine or beer (available close by) with a $5 corkage fee. Both have dinner service from 5-9pm.Reservations for a Saturday night are recommended, but can be made Saturday.

I do invite you to join me and my wife, Stephanie, and enjoy your favorite beverage at The Anvil at 6 pm.

In closing, I anticipate a Kick-Off Dinner becoming a staple of a Harpers Ferry Flip-Flop; I hope you’ll join in for this first-ever event.
    Hey Will Poe and Stephanie, I'd love to be part of the Saturday dinner group, as long as hiking shoes are acceptable attire. Do I need to make an individual reservation?

We are forgoing the lasagna feast at the Guest House Saturday night in favor of attending the group dinner. We will still toast with a glass of wine at the House afterwards for all those interested. Busy day on Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA "DANGER" AT Thru-Hiker Class of 2015

Yay! Thx Will! This is going be a great time. I will be at the Anvil and Dave's place afterward.
    My two cents in journaling is that if u have someone to post for you then TJ is fine. I email my husband a story and a photo and he posts it. If u do it yourself Aurigma is the photo uploader app that TJ suggests. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Humminbard View Post
    Hey Will Poe and Stephanie, I'd love to be part of the Saturday dinner group, as long as hiking shoes are acceptable attire. Do I need to make an individual reservation?
    Count me in, too. I will also be in hiking garb and boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill1000 View Post
    Count me in, too. I will also be in hiking garb and boots.
    I thought I would bring my tuxedo!

Images

Count me in for two for dinner.

Still trying to learn everything I can about the AT, and what it takes to succeed. I ran across this website by a thru hiker from a few years ago. Very good info and advice on the Thru Hiking Papers. Here's the link: http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/THP_top.html. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Treehugger View Post
    Still trying to learn everything I can about the AT, and what it takes to succeed. I ran across this website by a thru hiker from a few years ago. Very good info and advice on the Thru Hiking Papers. Here's the link: http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/THP_top.html. Enjoy!
    This is a great post. Great link and great info therein.

Images

Two for dinner at the Anvil here also. My wife and I will be in HF Saturday for the festivities, and the Sunday AM kick-off. Looking forward to meeting everyone and I can't believe this FINALLY happening!
    Simple is good.

I forgot to pack my hiker Tux, but I'm game for any place we end up for dinner Saturday...walking distance from the tree huger the better. I can't look at the stuff in my pack anymore. I figure I could look at it again Saturday.

Tree huger? Gotta love auto- spell! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sling Shot View Post
    Trail journal question. Ive been looking at the different trail journals and would like some feedback if anyone has used them. I'm looking for ease of use and maybe even an app to upload with a picture option. Your thoughts on the following or a better one.
    Trail Journal: I like the format, but it doesn't seem easy with a computer, which I'm not carrying.
    Wordpress: it does have an app and it looks like you create your webpage.
    Postholer.com: does have a mobile app.
    Whiteblaze:
    Thanks again for the input.
    I'm using Facebook. I created a page separate from my personal FB page. Here's the link.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trave...79290288793997

I just started a facebook group for my flipper journal and fellow flipper chat.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/669898076472276/

Bsteinberg

Images

if I create a Facebook page for the journey, how easy is it to remove at the end?

Images

by the way, fellow flippers, my son who's on the trail now has given me my official trail name: "Field Guide." He's noticed my chronic curiosity about the flora and fauna everywhere. So if you have any intel to contribute to my naturalist education along the way, please share!

Glad to see the responses for dinner! We can make reservations Saturday morning when we have an accurate count/figure out what the group wants to do. Dress is casual, no Tux required; hiker shoes are fine--businesses here are hiker friendly. As the local guy, I'm glad to be able to help.

2015 Flip Floppers: as you get ready to arrive in Harpers Ferry, if you find need of a Rescue Angel familiar with the local area, PM me. I'll do my best help.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by WillPoe View Post
    2015 Harpers Ferry Flip-Flopper Dinner

I’m Will Poe and a 2015 Flip-Flopper. I live in Harpers Ferry and am an ATC volunteer. In consultation with DangerDave, we’ve agreed I attempt to coordinate a Saturday evening, pay-your-own-way dinner for the estimated 20 Flip-Floppers and family members (no one knows the exact number) within walking distance of the ATC Headquarters, Hostels, and Hotel.

As this is a first-ever event where transportation may be limited for many, and car-pooling may be difficult to arrange, I will have other dinner suggestions for smaller groups with transportation on the morning of Saturday, May 2
    nd. But for now, the choices within walking distance are (in no particular order):

The Anvil, http://anvilrestaurant.com/dinner.htm, is a traditional restaurant with meals from $10 - $28 and full bar service. The Canal House, http://www.canalhousecafe.com/menu, features locally sourced ingredients with daily specials from $9 - $24. At The Canal House you can bring in your own wine or beer (available close by) with a $5 corkage fee. Both have dinner service from 5-9pm.Reservations for a Saturday night are recommended, but can be made Saturday.

I do invite you to join me and my wife, Stephanie, and enjoy your favorite beverage at The Anvil at 6 pm.

In closing, I anticipate a Kick-Off Dinner becoming a staple of a Harpers Ferry Flip-Flop; I hope you’ll join in for this first-ever event.
    You can add Charliehorse in Falconer to your guest list at the Anvil pub; sounds like a great time in the offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Humminbard View Post
    by the way, fellow flippers, my son who's on the trail now has given me my official trail name: "Field Guide." He's noticed my chronic curiosity about the flora and fauna everywhere. So if you have any intel to contribute to my naturalist education along the way, please share!
    That's a good one!! You know it will be shortened on the trail to FG. And that could stand for many other things I can think of with my diabolical mind! HA!!

Images

Treehugger, I'm afraid to ask! This reminds me of the time Will got his first license plate reading POS for his old beat-up car and I wondered why he wanted it to say "Point Of Sale," when of course it stood for "Piece of S***." Maybe my trail name should be "Unabridged." I can't keep up with the Internet slang. Please email me your diabolical interpretations ASAP (as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdave View Post
    We are forgoing the lasagna feast at the Guest House Saturday night in favor of attending the group dinner. We will still toast with a glass of wine at the House afterwards for all those interested. Busy day on Saturday!

Hey DD From TH!

I am getting so fired up! Rocking out while I go thru my gear and switch to warmer temp stuff. Listening to my hiking play list and thought since I am local-ish I can bring music to the swar-A on Friday night if you like. Let me know. Also, when would you want us showing up at yer pad Friday night?? Can I bring anything??

Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++