WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast
    Images

HB, I usually start at about 1-1/2 lbs per day. After a while you will need 2 lbs per day.

I just wanted to say that there are a lot of people in Harpers Ferry and especially at ATC who are really excited about the Flip Flop Kick Off and the prospect of meeting you all in the next day or two!

Woohoo!!

Happy travels flippers and floppers!! See you all soon!

I will not make it in until Saturday mid day to early afternoon. See you all then. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handed in my last paper, vaccuumed my room and handed my landlord the key. Everything's in storage. Only thing left is to get a few bagels. I'm planning on being in HF to be at the pack shakedown talk/workshop.

Default Change 1: 2015 Harpers Ferry Flip-Flopper Dinner

The optional 6 pm Saturday meet-up for drinks at the Anvil has changed as the restaurant is now closed for the weekend due to a death in the owner's family.

As an alternative, we'll now meet on The Canal House Patio, same day and time. Bring your own beer or wine (available nearby). There is a $5 corkage fee per bottle of wine or 6-pack of beer/coolers. I looked for other alternatives but you would have to buy your beverage on-premises at about $5 per drink, minimum. After socializing you can eat at the Canal House or other places.

As before, I'll be glad to provide other options Saturday morning,

Best,

Will

Quote Originally Posted by dangerdave View Post
    Let's see. Get to HF around three, settle in, wander around and say hey to my fellow wanderers, throw out some invites, probably cook something on the grill at the House Friday evening. Let's say six or after. You will not be turned away if you show up early.

DD, My hubby and I arrived about noon today in HF... Love the town and excited to see ATC! We will be visiting you! Aka 'Scout'

Quote Originally Posted by WillPoe View Post
    The optional 6 pm Saturday meet-up for drinks at the Anvil has changed as the restaurant is now closed for the weekend due to a death in the owner's family.

As an alternative, we'll now meet on The Canal House Patio, same day and time. Bring your own beer or wine (available nearby). There is a $5 corkage fee per bottle of wine or 6-pack of beer/coolers. I looked for other alternatives but you would have to buy your beverage on-premises at about $5 per drink, minimum. After socializing you can eat at the Canal House or other places.

As before, I'll be glad to provide other options Saturday morning,

Best,

Will
    Will, nice to meet you today! Put me and hubby down for The Canal- 'Scout'

Hanging at the House with treehugger, T-Rex, squeezebox, scout, and others. Sharing some wine! Awesome evening in HF!

AKA "DANGER" AT Thru-Hiker Class of 2015

Images

Cool! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. See you guys tomorrow around 10ish

Default Sat. and Sun. Breakfasts

Here's the scoop on the upcoming Flip Flop Kick Off breakfasts:

Saturday - 9:00 a.m.

What: Meet-and-greet with ATC executive director Ron Tipton (GA-ME '78)
    Who: Class of 2015 flip-floppers
    Why: Get to talk with one of the leaders of the A.T., allow him to get to meet this first-ever Class of Flip-Floppers that ATC is promoting
    Where: Appalachian Trail Conservancy Conference Room

Offerings:

Donuts
    Bagels &cream cheese
    Coffee

Sunday - 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m

What: Community Pancake Breakfast
    Who: Anyone
    Why: Great food, meet members of the community
    Where: Camp Hill Methodist Church, 601 Washington St., 1 1/2 blocks east of ATC

Offerings:

Flapjacks (aka pancakes) with butter and syrup
    Pork Bacon
    Turkey Bacon
    Veggie Sausage
    Chopped mixed fruit
    Regular Coffee
    Decaf Coffee
    Tea bags for hot tea
    Orange juice

$5 suggested donation, flip-floppers eat free

Important note: Please enter via the side door into the Fellowship Hall (east of front entrance).

Images

Arrived in HF yesterday. Did the walk about, met Laurie P and other ATC staffers( awesome folks). Chilled with Danger, TreeHugger, humminbard,Squeezebox, Scout and others. Good people, fun evening! Ready for the kick off today. Let's get this journey started!

Wow! What a day!! Totally exhausted but in a good way. Talked to so many cool people today! Learned a lot from those I sat still long enough to listen to and soaked in some great atmosphere too!! The workshops were really good and a couple people even listened in on my nonsense. Thanks for that! Tomorrow the gang hits the trail. No looking back!! Laurie and the ATC staff have made us flippers feel special. Now it's our turn to prove them right!! Good luck to us all!

Quote Originally Posted by Treehugger View Post
    Wow! What a day!! Totally exhausted but in a good way. Talked to so many cool people today! Learned a lot from those I sat still long enough to listen to and soaked in some great atmosphere too!! The workshops were really good and a couple people even listened in on my nonsense. Thanks for that! Tomorrow the gang hits the trail. No looking back!! Laurie and the ATC staff have made us flippers feel special. Now it's our turn to prove them right!! Good luck to us all!
    I agree that this is a very special launch for we humble flippers. Feel like a trail celeb already. Got a jump on yoging at the dinner. Thanks for the trial name. We gotta get an orange whip

All the best to the 2015 FlipFloppers starting out today. May you encounter fair trails and following winds, great fellowship and memorable adventures. God bless you all.
    Trillium

Wow--what a great bunch of people! It was so wonderful meeting you all this past weekend and put faces with names! It was awesome getting to talk to some of you, and I wish I had been able to get know you all better. Hopefully I will get to meet all of you again later this summer, either here in Harpers Ferry or somewhere along the Trail!

This thread has been suddenly deserted! Anyone else heading to HF next weekend? I got my travel arrangements finalized and this is definitely happening

Resting @ the Allenberry in BS resting up. Hope y'all had fun last weekend & hope to meet some of you once you catch us.

So...essentially we are hiking the 2nd half of a NOBO, then flipping around and hiking the 2nd half of a SOBO...

Guess that means we are a bunch of Flippin' BOBO'S. :-)

Yeah, we don't know if we're coming or going.

SNoBo's???

Nah. I think BoBo is best.

"Which direction did you hike, North or South?"

"Both. I'm a BoBo."
    Last edited by BirdBrain; 05-05-2015 at 19:48.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++