WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast
    Images

Slingshot and I are at dole having a beer and lunch.let the good times roll!

I'm spending the night at Darlington Shelter with Z, Batona, Spice Girl, Bourbon, and some section hikers. Heading for Duncannon to resupply tomorrow just half a day behind Jimmyjam and Slingshot. I had a toe issue and did a zero at Allenberry Resort (I highly recommend!). Toe much better.
    Hope everyone else is doing well!
    Note: With no rain lately, the water source at Darlington Shelter is almost dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA "DANGER" AT Thru-Hiker Class of 2015

Falconer, Eveready, Om, Queen, & I are overnight at Allenbury Resort for tonight. Very tiugh hike for me today. Just ate 3 lbs of lasagna at Anile's in Boiling Springs. That should help stave off the weight loss for the weight loss. Someone please ask Bourbon Bill if he's missing any gear.

He is. Just got a note from him. A diary and something else. Im leaving boiling sprgs today...if i catch him ill let him know u have it.

Roger; I have it. We'll be zero day around Duncannon

Took a few easy days to get over a cold which I'm thinking could be allergies from the record pollan count. In Mt. Holly, hiking to one shelter out from Pine Groove today. I'm a day behind from the Flippers, but hope to catch up by the Doyle, where my new tent should be. 14.8 less ounces, yippee!!! Looking forward to a few cooler days of hiking. Orange Whip

Quote Originally Posted by Dwill1000 View Post
    Dwill here. On Wednesday I had to leave the trail and went directly to the hospital in Hagarstown. Had Heat Stroke, dehydration, exhaustion, and partial renal shutdown. Darn! Been hiking many years and thought I knew how to take care of myself. Drink a lot of water, people!! After 24-hours in hospital I went home (Northern Illinois) to rest up for a few days. I'm feeling better but still tired. Would like to rejoin Treehugger, Fuzz, Buck, Biscuit, Hummingbard, and the rest of the group in Duncannon later in the week.

Anybody know the status of Squeezebox?
    Heard Squeeze fell coming down into Pen Mar injuring his shoulder. I understand he's OK, but can't wear a pack for a while.

Here in Duncannon w charliehorse..crazy mark..falconer..everready..bam-bam (my son)..deerdog..tribe. drinkin beer and wishin my feet would get happy.

The Merry Band of Flip Floppers is here in Boiling Springs. We are pretty beat but doing well. May do a zero or slack tomorrow. Not sure. Saw Ryan at the ATC. What a treat. Nice place and nice folks here in Boiling spgs.

Looks like some of you may catch us in the next week or so. Zeroing today in Hamburg (got haircut in PC yesterday...barber shop & 3/4 lb. burgers @ hotel are def-DO's!). Looking @ 7-8 days to next zero in Delaware H2O Gap area. Keep truckin' peeps. :-)

Kushtaka & Wood Duck - Those Flippin' Milanders

Images

Slingshot and I will be in Port Clinton tomorrow. Looking forward to beer and town food.

The Flip Flop Squad has made it to Duncannon. Spread out over several locations cuz not enuf beds to accomodate so many bodies here! Lots of flippers in the area! Tough terrain plus gypsy moth catepillars everywhere, but doing pretty well!

Is anyone planning on starting at HF and heading NOBO around Jun 10th or so? I'm wanting to do a flip but would like to start with someone.

Hanging out in the mini-bubble at Port Clinton still with Bourbon Bill, Spice Girl, Nutz, and PJ. Some section hikers, too. Had nine people crammed in the six person shelter at Eagles Nest avoiding a storm. We're still a day behind Jimmyjam and slingshot, and a couple days ahead of the FF Squad. Leaving lots of good PR behind us. Everyone knows the Squad is coming and they're looking forward to seeing you all.
    Remember, everyone, that nearly a quarter of those who attempt a thru-hike fail in the first two weeks. We have reached a milestone! Great job everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA "DANGER" AT Thru-Hiker Class of 2015

I hear you about the 2 weeks Dave. Feel good, but ready for a zero. Hiked into the Doyle in the middle of the pour down. Got food, passed out and was to busy doing errons to even shower and do laundry before check out and hiking back out. I really want a redo at the Doyle for my 2 week, first zero. Hanging at PA 225 for a long break after hiking out from Clark's Ferry. So humid, the weather said feels like 95....are you ****ting me? If someone pulls up and wants to adopt me for the night, I'd say yes.

Namaste7, I was going to go southbound starting June 13 but developed a bursa in my foot. I haven't been able to train like I wanted before climbing Kahtadin so I may do a flip flop starting in Harpers Ferry. If I do that I will probably start around the 13th of June.

Namaste7, I was going to go southbound starting June 13 but developed a bursa in my foot. I haven't been able to train like I wanted before climbing Kahtadin so I may do a flip flop starting in Harpers Ferry. If I do that I will probably start around the 13th of June.

Images

Hey everyone there appears to be some homeless guy has taken up residence in the Kirkridge Shelter in north PA. Maybe someone could notify the ATC and this guy out of there. I hate to judge someone on first site but he is shifty looking.

Images

Is he bothering anyone. If not no need to worry just camp in the woods.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Images

At the 501 shelter yesterday to take what I thought would be a short break. Must have caught a bug or something, didn't feel right for hours after stopping. At home in NJ now to take a break and be with my family during this holiday weekend.
    Take care all. I'll be back! Ed ("Eagle Eye") is also off the trail for some R&R.
    Simple is good.

Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++