WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hiking in first week of July

Hiya! I am looing into section hiking the first week of July with my son who will be 14 at the time. We are looking at Grayson highlands to Damascus. Planning on parking the car at Damascus and looking for a shuttle to take us north and we will hike south. Any suggestions for a shuttle? The one I found seemed very expensive. we are experienced hikers and I have hiked several sections. This will be his first section hike. We climbed up Max patch while on travel but no packs.

Lone wolf here on wb often shuttles or MRO....I think I paid $50 shuttle hiked 40 miles back to my truck at MRO hostel....best section so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lone Wolf shuttled my party for the same plan. Can't remember the exact amount, but he threw in some invaluable trail knowledge for no charge. If I needed another one up there, I would call him again. LOL.

Thanks! One I found online was 130 bucks for a 40 mile ride! I'll defiantley look into that!

Journal Entries
    Images

I have used Sun Dog Outfitters in Damascus. I thought their price was fair.
    Grampie-N->2001

Lone Wolf is the man to use.

Thanks for the info! I know its still a ways off til the trip but we've been planning for months now. Hoping to sneak a few other sections as well before July.

++ New Posts ++