Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Hiking Skirt

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    check out these!!! http://www.macabiskirt.com. i am saving my pennies for one
    Those are nice

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Echo View Post
    It all just depends on who is behind you.
    Huh? Don't be wearin a micro mini and it don't matter.
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Journal Entries

When I was doing my PA section, I found a Mountain Hardwear skirt in Delaware Water Gap. I wear it all the time now and love it. It dries quickly, hitches up for hiking mountains and drops down for looking decent in town. It has pockets, but they are not the greatest. Other than that, it's a great skirt.

Has anyone tried a sarong?

I found a Nike skirt yesterday for $10. I think it may be a tennis skirt- but it will work for hiking. It has the built in panty, or maybe its a skort- I don't know, but it is moisture wicking, drys fast and is light weight. There are no pockets. But it should do the trick for hiking.

I found it at Marshalls- I also found great moisture wicking bras for about $12. Much better price than the local outdoor outfitters who want at least $35 per bra!

It is really cool to see the changes available since this thread was first posted! I have been wearing a Marathon Girl Ultra skirt by Skirt Sports for 3 years. I bought my first one when I ran Marine Corps Marathon, and have found it to be a necessary article of clothing since then. I wear it trail running all the time. The material is very lightweight, cooling, and has "spankies" attached, not shorts. It has one small ziper pocket on the back hip that can keep a key, ID, ipod or small phone in. Anything heavy pulls your skirt down, especially if running. I recently saw another skirt called Happy Girl by the same company that has shorts under with silicone to keep the shorts from riding up. There are pockets on the legs of the shorts plus a zip pocket on the back. The length is a little longer, which will help keep the nay-sayers from giving me the stink eye for the short one. I really want to try this one for hiking, but they seem to be sold out everywhere.
    Anyway, happy hiking.
    Shebear

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CynJ View Post
    man are the women's skirts a little short or am I turning into my mother?
    It is, indeed, a bit disconcerting when we notice our mother's words issuing from our own brains! Sheesh!
    Come sail away, come sail away, come and sail away with me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3yw...ure=plpp_video

I know that this is a female forum But I'm a guy that needs some freedom of movement and some ventilation :Basically I'm gonna need a man skirt
    So when men's bathing suits go on sale at summer's end I'm gonna buy four of the kind that most resemble hiking shorts . pay somebody to make 2 man -skirts out of them ...and see what happens

Images

There are men's hiking kilts...
    ~If you cant do it with one bullet, dont do it at all.
    ~Well behaved women rarely make history.

Did a hike today in a cute little Jockey knit skirt. Perfect length, two nice deep pockets. It was hot, humid today, but I wasn't feeling it. I'm not sure a skirt has to be made by any particular outfitter. It just has to fit bill!

Default Running Dress

My sister recently purchased this "running dress" I'll borrow it and give it try. Looks interesting.

http://www.rei.com/product/831064/sp...ss-special-buy

Doesn't look like anybody has posted this link yet:

http://www.titlenine.com/

I love this site, and they've got a bunch of knee-length sport skirts that they advertise as quick drying. I've been looking at them a while now but haven't been able to decide which I like best.

:banana

Quote Originally Posted by oldbear View Post
    I know that this is a female forum But I'm a guy that needs some freedom of movement and some ventilation :Basically I'm gonna need a man skirt
    So when men's bathing suits go on sale at summer's end I'm gonna buy four of the kind that most resemble hiking shorts . pay somebody to make 2 man -skirts out of them ...and see what happens
    Just buy a plain skirt, probably A-line or flared at the bottom, probably khaki, tan or grey color and enjoy it. You would look "strange" to anyone straight anyways, learn to deal with it (you probably did already), but you'd spend much less money if go just with a skirt and forget about those stupid man-skirt things.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++