WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default Independent Study

Even though I'm homeschooled, I do take one class at the local high school to meet policy requirements in order to play sports. To maintain my eligibility, the school is going to let me do an independent study to earn a geography credit while hiking the trail. My teacher wants me to write up a proposal for the independent study. Any suggestions on what I should include in the proposal? Thanks for your help and ideas!

Geomorphology: Geology of Landforms ...of the AT.

pictures and cross-section graphic art diagrams in full color

one section. representative landforms. you choose.

My favorite.

An anonymous full Demographic of hikers who par-takepimp.gif those who par-took images_smilies_cheers.gif and those who are just to old or beat up to care anymore. big-smiley-004 (1).gif

Do a profile of the trail towns you pass through...size, population, local economy, etc...interview local businesses that cater to hikers and do a study on the economic impact of the trail to the communities you pass through and ask them how hiker oriented business owners make money in the off season.

I would study the recent party hiker infection that is going to force sudden policy change.

++ New Posts ++