WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default WANTED: 35mm film canisters

Looking for 6-8 empty 35mm film canisters. Thank you!

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."
    Isaiah 55:12

Quote Originally Posted by Damn Yankee View Post
    Looking for 6-8 empty 35mm film canisters. Thank you!
    Tell us what you are thinking, maybe we have an alternative.

Rolls
    Rolls down the hill, Kanardly hike up the other hill
    May all your hikes have clear skies, fair winds and no rocks under your pad.

Those are getting scare. I should dust off one of my old 35mm cameras and buy some film just to get the canisters
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

Hmm...didn't realize they were still so available: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...sters&_sacat=0

Ya, still available but like $1 a piece on ebay. I have one of Matt Kirks Sub60 packs and needed the canisters for the shoulder strap bandolier as in this picture.

https://sub60.wikispaces.com/file/vi...27S%20PACK.JPG

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."

I used to go to the WalMart photo shop and ask. I always got a bagful for free. Digital camera and phones are killing the traditional film industry (remember Kodak?). Does WalMart still have a photo shop???

Brewmaster, Pizza Chef
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    I used to go to the WalMart photo shop and ask. I always got a bagful for free. Digital camera and phones are killing the traditional film industry (remember Kodak?). Does WalMart still have a photo shop???
    And whatever happened to all those 1 hour photo booths?
    Everything is easy until you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Half View Post
    And whatever happened to all those 1 hour photo booths?
    They are going to use them for toll booths on the AT!

Images

Ya, still available but like $1 a piece on ebay. I have one of Matt Kirks Sub60 packs and needed the canisters for the shoulder strap bandolier as in this picture.

https://sub60.wikispaces.com/file/vi...27S%20PACK.JPG
    Hey, that's clever. I can see all kinds of uses there.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Through the power of Google, this alternative was found:

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum...rnative-20592/

Medical supply company? Local pharmacy? May be easier to get these containers, and less $$$, to get at this point.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Remember Kodak? Yeah, they closed recently

I have been hoarding a bunch of canisters but I am willing to send some out if you still are in need.

I wouldn't say it's a need. More like a want but, I appreciate your offer. I will PM you my information and will send a little thank you back your way.

Pill bottle will work if the looks do not bother you and the lid stays on better (can be locked) and is also waterproof.

Rolls
    Rolls down the hill, Kanardly hike up the other hill
    May all your hikes have clear skies, fair winds and no rocks under your pad.

The funny/tragic thing about their filing for bankruptcy is that they did pioneering research in digital photography, but never pursued it farther!

Garlic
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Through the power of Google, this alternative was found:

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum...rnative-20592/

Medical supply company? Local pharmacy? May be easier to get these containers, and less $$$, to get at this point.
    Given the epidemic proportion of diabetes these days, chances are you know a diabetic who has plenty of test strip containers lying around. I think they are going to be the "next film canister" for holding small things. And there's probably less chemical contamination in them than in film canisters. My wife sees a lot of them while geocaching, and she reports that they, like film canisters, will eventually leak.
    "Throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." John Muir on expedition planning

My wife is a diabetic and I have been using the test strip canisters for a few years now. There are two sizes that she gets. The larger size is white plastic and the smaller is black. The white is a littler more durable but both hold up pretty well and as someone pointed out the lid is attached. The lid hinge is good for 500+ openings and closings.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

The funny/tragic thing about their filing for bankruptcy is that they did pioneering research in digital photography, but never pursued it farther!
    Kodak may have filed for bankruptcy 3 years ago but are actively trading on the NYSE

Your local pharmacy/drug store/CVA should have a pack of 50 3x3 zip lock bags for 3-4$

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Kodak may have filed for bankruptcy 3 years ago but are actively trading on the NYSE
    Kodak closed out its camera division, the company itself is still business after coming out of Chapter 11 and engaged mostly with business to business product/service sales in digital printing, film processing (motion picture and special use filming and commercial films), and graphics among other things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++