WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default bus srvice terminated

i finished a section hike near manchester vermont last friday,i was shocked to
    find out that bus service in bennington and manchester vermont was terminated early september of this year neo

Hi, Neo, welcome back. I wonder if the gas prices affected the move to eliminate the bus service? It always seemed too good to be true, nice regular bus service in a rural area.

I was just in Vt. last month and decided to bail out early after ten inches of rain with the threat of more to come. Headed into Manchester Center and caught a free shuttle bus to Rutland. Rutland has an Amtrak station and I'm guessing bus service. Also has one of the more interesting hostels you ever want to stay at.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by prozac
    I was just in Vt. last month and decided to bail out early after ten inches of rain with the threat of more to come. Headed into Manchester Center and caught a free shuttle bus to Rutland. Rutland has an Amtrak station and I'm guessing bus service. Also has one of the more interesting hostels you ever want to stay at.

i did not take that option because i needed to head south to dalton ma and catcth a bus i already hady a ticket for in pittsfeild ma, neo

++ New Posts ++