WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Wild: The Movie

Default Wild: The Movie

I like any other hiker tends to read/watch a ton of hiking stuff during the off season. I went to go watch the movie and it was pretty realistic. I cringed a ton when it comes to mistakes she made and laughed at "Monster" among other things. She definitely packed her insecurities and then some. Do people really bring saws sometimes on thru hikes?! Oh and they made these replica boots of the ones that caused her permanent foot damage.....only 300$! Lol Just felt like sharing!
    20% cooler in 10 seconds flat!

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowDash View Post
    I like any other hiker tends to read/watch a ton of hiking stuff during the off season. I went to go watch the movie and it was pretty realistic. I cringed a ton when it comes to mistakes she made and laughed at "Monster" among other things. She definitely packed her insecurities and then some. Do people really bring saws sometimes on thru hikes?! Oh and they made these replica boots of the ones that caused her permanent foot damage.....only 300$! Lol Just felt like sharing!
    I'll stick to my trail runners thanks!
    20% cooler in 10 seconds flat!

Currently reading the book. Hopefully the movie will be available for home viewing soon after I finish.

Images

Not only was that hike an amazingly brave thing for her to do. Writing that book was also amazingly honest and brave. I give her a ton of kudos for her accomplishments in the face of all she went through and overcame.

Rain Man

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

A close family friend wants to start hiking after seeing Wild. Apparently it triggered a sense of adventure, but not specifically for the PCT. Interesting.
    HST/JMT August 2016
    TMB/Alps Sept 2015
    PCT Mile 0-857 - Apr/May 2015
    Foothills Trail Feb 2015
    Colorado Trail Aug 2014
    AT: Rockfish Gap to Boiling Springs 2014
    John Muir Trail Aug/Sept 2013

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Friends of mine plan on doing the CT because of Wild.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

++ New Posts ++