WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    I have the Kindle Paper White. How did you get it to display white letters on a dark background?

I got a screen protector for $6 on EBay, adds a little weight, but protects my investment.
    I'm talking about my phone's kindle app, not an actual kindle. You have multiple settings with a kindle app, white on black, black on white (like a real kindle) or some weird sepia toned thing, and continuous brightness settings; night reading using white letters on black background uses a ridiculously small amount of battery power, even so with daytime reading at higher brightness. Black letters on white uses a lot more energy. You also have numerous font sizes, and the screen auto-rotates portrait/landscape. Easy to hold in one hand and swipe pages with your thumb.

I have the kindle paperwhite, basically gave it to my wife because I prefer the kindle app over it even at home. Try it sometime (the Kindle app).

I carried my iPad mini in a Lifeproof case on my 24 day thru hike of the River to River trail. I used it to read as well as to blog every day, and it was indispensable. It was a lot of extra weight, though, so I will be upgrading my iphone to a 6plus and leaving the tablet home. I think the screen is big enough to read comfortably with the kindle app, and blogging will be a breeze.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++