Images

Default Ocala Nation Forest Shuttles

There doesn't seem to be any commercial shuttler services that I can find in the Ocala National Forest area. I was wondering if there were any Trail Angels or any one else that would be available for shuttling myself from Clearwater Lake to Buchman Lock area ?? I'm looking at doing a hike through ONF during the later part of January.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

Default possible help

I live 2 1/2hrs out but do not work Friday-Sunday. If we can meet on a Thursday afternoon or early Friday, I may be up for the ride and a wknd in ONF. There are also many springs I'd suggest seeing that the FL Trail crosses. Let me know the dates you are considering if you are interested.

I did that same ONF hike in Feb-2013. It's a great section in the winter. I left my car at Clearwater Lake and caught a ride to Buckman Lock from a trail angel in one of the FTA chapters in the Camp Blanding area. That hike is on 2013 FT Trail Journals under "Florida Mike". That month the Rainbow Gathering was being held in Hopkins Prairie, really made or an interesting experience hiking through the party. Hidden Pond is a great place to camp. Some nice springs along the FT too. Have a great hike.

Images

I have sectioned hike the entire ONF and there is no shuttle service there now that I know of. Let me know dates I may be able to help.
    If you can’t fix it with duct tape or a beer; it ain’t worth fixing

Images

I am hiking overnight a section the weekend of Feb 7th with a group so will be out then also.
    If you can’t fix it with duct tape or a beer; it ain’t worth fixing

++ New Posts ++