WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Fall Colors?

Default Fall Colors?

We're leaving Sat a.m for Dawsonville. Got a newbie hiker friend from Las Vegas joining us and we'll be hiking the approach trail on Monday Oct 31. Also going to spend some time at Vogel SP and take in some of the waterfalls in the area.

What are the leaves looking like now? The Ga SP website has been saying the same thing for three weeks.

RLC_FLA
    GA->ME '89

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLC_FLA
    We're leaving Sat a.m for Dawsonville. Got a newbie hiker friend from Las Vegas joining us and we'll be hiking the approach trail on Monday Oct 31. Also going to spend some time at Vogel SP and take in some of the waterfalls in the area.

What are the leaves looking like now? The Ga SP website has been saying the same thing for three weeks.

RLC_FLA
    GA->ME '89
    vogel is nice. a good weekend trail to do with your friend would be the Coosa Backcountry Trail. also, since you will be in the area, visit brasstown bald, the highest pt in GA. have fun!
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

~LIVE WELL~LAUGH OFTEN~LOVE MUCH~ Green Bean's Avatar
    Images

The leaves are staring to change on the tree tops

Images

Depends on where you are. Higher elevations change sooner. In Tn, right now, color is about peaked. Although, there isn't that much color this year at all in my area. Don't know about Springer. I'd say they should be in about peak color now or in another week.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

++ New Posts ++