WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Southern Section Hike

I'm hoping to do a 3-4 day section hike in April and am looking for some input. I live in Georgia and don't want to waste too much of my time off driving, but I have done all of the trail in Georgia. Basically, I'd like to go somewhere in NC or TN. I was originally planning for the southern half of GSMNP, but I don't know if the parks drawbacks outweigh the benefits when I could go a little further north or south and avoid Uncle Sam's constraints. What do you folks think?

Images

Max patch is an awesome spot, and close to Hot Springs, NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonnickp View Post
    I'm hoping to do a 3-4 day section hike in April and am looking for some input. I live in Georgia and don't want to waste too much of my time off driving, but I have done all of the trail in Georgia. Basically, I'd like to go somewhere in NC or TN. I was originally planning for the southern half of GSMNP, but I don't know if the parks drawbacks outweigh the benefits when I could go a little further north or south and avoid Uncle Sam's constraints. What do you folks think?
    Wilsonnickp,

We should talk. I am always looking for a hiking buddy. I am only a weekend warrior though. I hope to do Erwin, TN to Damascus, VA. We could possibly organize a self-shuttle and hike that area. I also have several other hikes planned on the BMT, and BT.

I am an 16-19 mpd hiker. Can go faster or slower. I am also from GA. If you think you'd be interested in a partner for the hike, let me know.

There is an Appaachian tral shutle and public transportation.

++ New Posts ++